forum

Osu! on windows 8! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Livean
Hi Hi people, well you might know that next year will be released the new version of windows (windows 8) and i was reading about it and now exist a free trial version and i was wondering if osu would work on this new version what problems could happen, i want to try this version but i want to know if i can run osu on this new version if someone have installed this new version of windows and if play osu too i want to know your windows 8 and osu experience :) sooo please tell me otherwise i'll install and try by myself XD

excuse my poor english and if i wrote something bad :oops:
mathexpert
lol yeah, personally I want to try windows 8 but it'll be a big pain in the ass if many of my programs don't work, not to mention I lost my windows 7 disk. xD
Srbija_old
my friend has windows 8 installed, and so far all programs are working fine over there, probably osu! will be no exception xD
mm201
As long as there are video drivers. D3D should even work with the default driver.
Janory
I doesnt works on windows 8. ;S NET Framework error.
peppy
It works fine. Fix your .NET install (or install it if it isn't installed).
Zafenatpanea
I am using windows 8 and it really works but if you does not have Microsoft.net 2.0 and 3.5 it is impossible to work
peppy
You only need 2.0. And Windows 8 will offer to install this for you. So will the osu! installer.
Kurone_Yami
I't works in Windows 8 :'D but if it no run (special cases like me), right click and "Run as the Administrator"
Tony
It worked perfectly for me. Though the chat text looked a bit pixelated, though I think that was a driver problem :)
Lesjuh
lorzen
Hi :D
I have used Windows8, I will not start an error similar to the following will appear.

System.NullReferenceException: オブジェクト参照がオブジェクト インスタンスに設定されていません。
場所 #nm.#ym.#f7()
場所 #Gn.#In.#Tjb(Boolean )
場所 #9k.#al.#Q2(String , MessageBoxButtons , MessageBoxIcon )
場所 #Ji.#An.#Pib(String )
場所 #Ji.#An.#Jib(String , Boolean )
場所 #Gn.#In.#iq()

I did not solve but I tried to install and reinstall or re-osu. NET 2.0 to resolve this error.

I had to upgrade from Windows7 Windows8 way.

Please forgive me for machine translation can not speak English. :(
Sieg
lorzen
Thanks, Sieg :)

.NET 3.5 installer can not even boot
Will my environment is just funny

Installation states. NET is as follows Incidentally
spiritinspiration
That's easy. :) Just :) instal Net Framework 2.0 .
If you have a newest version, unninstall and reinstall. :D

Rhythm is just a 8-) CLICK 8-) away!
MillhioreF
Please don't bump old threads. The creator's problem was fixed ages ago.
Berki
i bought a new laptop with windows 8 unfortunatly. so after i installed and started osu, my mouse keeps "jumping" left right everywhere. it is impossible to play. how to solve the problem?
lolcubes

MillhioreF wrote:

Please don't bump old threads. The creator's problem was fixed ages ago.
Please open a new thread and describe your problem as accurately as possible.