forum

Aru's Mod Queue for Taiko and Mania [NM 5/5 - M4M 0/5]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JohtoKen
Brief priority status
NM - CLOSED (M 4K 2DIFF / T 4DIFF / M 4K 5DIFF / M 4K 2DIFF / T 2DIFF)
M4M - OPEN (- / - / - / - / -)

In order to get better at modding things as well as trying to get my stuff modded, I've decided to create a modding queue for Taiko and Mania.

Some things to lay down, though:

GROUND RULES (updated 2016/05/18)
- I will only do mods in English.
Don't take this the wrong way; this is just saying that I'm a native English speaker and is the language I feel I can give the best critiques with.
Let me know if there's anything in my mods to be clarified, though!

- I will only mod Taiko and Mania. No ifs, ands, or buts.
This applies for M4M: if you have a Standard or Catch the Beat chart, I will not consider them for M4M.
I feel my skills in carefully analyzing Standard are not up to expectation, and Catch the Beat simply does not hold my interest.

- I will probably only do Taiko as the giving end of an M4M.
If it's of any other mode (more likely than not Mania), I'll specify it in the M4M.

- I will only take in songs that are less than or around 2:30.
Anything that goes way beyond a "long song" by DDR standards (i.e. 2:30) will not be considered.
This is so I don't have to spend a super long time on any one mod, especially if I'm modding multiple difficulties.

- I'd recommend that your maps be complete (e.g. all base difficulties (Easy to Insane) are done).
If not, I'll mod what you have so far.

- I have a difficulty limit of roughly 3.50 stars for Taiko and Mania, give or take a few decimals.
As long as I can either pass it or come close to passing it, you should be fine.
If I can't pass it, I'll still try to make an attempt to mod, but note that mods for things I can't pass may be fairly limited.

- I have a speed limit of roughly 240BPM.
I will make some exceptions as long as you're not consistently breaking my finger speed with 1/4ths on a higher BPM than what I stated.
If your chart surpasses my ability for me to comfortably hit your notes consistently, I'll still try to make an attempt to mod, but note that, like with hard charts that I can't pass, mods may be fairly limited.

- For Mania, I will only cover 4K to 7K.
Anything that is 8K and above will not be considered.
Sorry, I never really played DJMAX Trilogy, so I can't really do any of those key ranges well.

I reserve the right to append this as I see fit.
Write down "cool beans" so I know that you've read the contents of this lay down.

---------------

Like all modders, I also have my own affinities in music. Honestly, I'll accept almost all mods as long as they fit the criteria mentioned above, but I'll personally prioritize the following music genres, artists, origins, what have you in no particular order:

Affinity List (initiated 2016/05/18)
Origins and genres: Music/rhythm games, Japanese video games, chiptunes, J-Pop, western pop, soundclown, shoot'em ups, anime, Love Live, Tokyo 7th Sisters, BMS, Niconico

Musicians: Camellia, ARM, any not-Uematsu Square Enix musician, anyone from this site, kz(livetune), sweez, tigerlily, puru, RAM, Slake, anyone from SuperSweep (especially Shinji Hosoe, Manabu Namiki, and Yousuke Yasui), YMCK, Sota Fujimori, ras, Meine Meinung, Nekomata Master, wac, Simon, and potentially a lot more
(I'll append this with more specifics when I get the time)

If the song on your map falls under the above origins, genres, or artists, then they will gain higher priority in my queue. Anything else will gain low to moderate priority depending on how I personally like the song.

Currently running 5 NM slots and 5 M4M slots. Be sure to check this post as well as my latest post for any updates to the queue.
I reserve the right to increase and decrease the amount of slots to suit my personal time.

Use this format when submitting to my queue
Mod type: [NM/M4M]
Artist:
Song title:
Game mode: [Taiko/Mania #K]
Difficulties to mod: [optional; I will try to mod all difficulties if no specifics are given]
The current map to mod (Taiko) is Flakes by IMERUAT

Current Priority List
NM List
1. [MANIA 4K 2DIFF] Gravey- | 3R2 - Farewell | [No "cool beans"]
2. [TAIKO 4DIFF] hikikuman | Remixed by DJ Command - Dazzlin' Darlin -Akiba Koubou mix- | [No "cool beans"]
3. [MANIA 4K 5DIFF] Sarahkuai | BlackY - Harpuia | [No "cool beans"]
4. [MANIA 4K 2DIFF] -ZaHiL | Silent Siren - Routine (Cut Ver.) | [No "cool beans"]
5. [TAIKO 2DIFF] chaica | Utatsuki Kaori - Hold on me ~Koi no Mahou~ | [No "cool beans"]

[b]M4M List

Queue History
[MANIA 4K 6DIFF] No_sync | Break a spell - Kawada Mami (finished 2016/05/21)
[TAIKO 4DIFF] bank78952 | Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town - THE DU (finished 2016/05/21)
[TAIKO 7DIFF] Skyhmer | Ascension to Heaven - xi (finished 2016/05/22)
No_sync
hi!

4K NM Request

Kawada Mami - Break a spell

cool beans

Thanks!
Topic Starter
JohtoKen
Added to NM priority list. Will take a look as soon as I can :3
bank78952
Hi
taiko NM req (i can M4M too if you not accept taiko NM lel)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/440434
cool beans
Skyhmer
if you got the time
NM request on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/430059

thank you
Topic Starter
JohtoKen
Added to the NM priority list. NM is now closed; M4M still has all slots open.

I assume that Skyhmer didn't read the lay down that I wrote. However, since it's around the time cap that I specified, I decided to edit it to grant a little bit of leniency.

Also, will get to starting on the queue tomorrow after I finish one of my finals for the semester.
Topic Starter
JohtoKen
NM slots are open! Also expanding the amount of NM slots from 3 to 5!
Gravey-
Hi NM for 4K Mania pls Thanks :3

3R2 - Farewell

><
Sies
seem there isn't format to req on this queue, so i just put the link here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/428332 xD
req NM for taiko.
Sarahkuai
Hi there~
NM Req [4K MANIA] plz
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/410045

ChoiJisuuu
Hi there.

4k NM req

t/435249

Renka
hi,NM request,taiko 2diff

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/329118

Skylish
Hi, Jhoto. NM req: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/432322

Thanks in advance :)
Topic Starter
JohtoKen
Added all chaica and Skylish to the queue. Though, since the song choice aligns with what I'm interested in, I'll consider throwing you guys in when the queue opens up some more.

Also, since some people were wondering about the lack of a format, I've decided to establish one to use from hereon out:

Mod type: [NM/M4M]
Artist:
Song title:
Game mode: [Taiko/Mania #K]
Difficulties to mod: [optional; I will try to mod all difficulties if no specifics are given]

One more thing: I hope you guys are reading THE LAY DOWN (which I've decided to rename GROUND RULES since I should've been clearer from the get go). I'll accept these requests since they actually align with all of the specifications that I've laid out, but there's also a confirming phrase that lets me know that you've read it :(

I might be a while with some of these mods; the end of the semester is here and I'm trying to catch up on some of my remaining projects.
I am also going to Fanime as well, though I'll probably try to mod some charts while I'm there, maybe.