forum

Difficulty modifications in Beatmap selection menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +62
Topic Starter
Jawing
For those of you who want to increase or decrease the difficulty of a beatmap! (without having to switch menus and edit the beatmap to save as a new difficulty.)

Why do I want this feature? To have fun! While playing harder beatmaps or(to make harder beatmaps easier to play on.)

I sometimes feel a need to up the difficulty of the original beatmap (Approach Rate, Circle Size, Overall diff, HP drain...etc.)
and I would like to do that in the Beatmap selection menu!

Professionals would want to practice AR10.3 = DT+AR9 or AR11= DT+AR10
because Hardrock and DT+ AR8 is too slow on certain beatmaps.... (on top of that why not add AR12 because some pros can easily read AR11)
Beginners would want to practice AR9 or 10 with larger circles ...etc.

You won't be ranked on the beatmap unless you play with the original settings.

Design
To Change the Settings

The worst design Until someone photoshops it...

Disclamer: The main purpose of this feature is to have fun
deadbeat
what?
Topic Starter
Jawing
What is not clear...
deadbeat
all of it. i'm gonna sit back though and see what happens. maybe this'll be clear to someone else
Topic Starter
Jawing
As simple as I can put it. Being able to customize the beatmap's difficulty? Because currently when I want to manually change a beatmap's approach rate, I have to go in edit. I would save it as a new difficulty because I don't want to overwrite the original beatmap's difficulty? Very inefficient.
VoidnOwO
:)
deadbeat
t/52873 so something like this then?
VoidnOwO
Topic Starter
Jawing
Yeah I check that page. It is not exactly the same thing...my idea is more general and not really for ranked play...more for practice.
You can duplicate this post if that author includes everything I said...
Soaprman
Is something really worth practicing if you have so few maps to practice it on that you have to edit other maps?
deadbeat
the problem is, changing the other difficulty settings affects total score, so there is a slight issue there. changing AR is fine though in theory since it doesn't affect the score multiplier
VoidnOwO
deadbeat
depends, this is request for a ranked or unranked mod, cause if it's for a ranked mod, then it would be different :p
VoidnOwO

Jawing wrote:

You won't be ranked on this beatmap unless you play with the original settings.
Soaprman
Ranked or not, this has been requested before multiple times, sometimes as a new take on the Easy mod. Probably searching for threads about the Easy mod will pull up a bunch of posts suggesting this very feature.
Topic Starter
Jawing

Soaprman wrote:

Is something really worth practicing if you have so few maps to practice it on that you have to edit other maps?
Believe me there are maps that are very hard with DT+AR9 and only a few top players can FC them....therefore you need to practice DT+AR9 on easier maps.
Although most easy maps are AR8...I have converted over 100 maps to AR9 (it is a pain), much more intense and fun to play on!

Soaprman wrote:

Ranked or not, this has been requested before multiple times, sometimes as a new take on the Easy mod. Probably searching for threads about the Easy mod will pull up a bunch of posts suggesting this very feature.
I don't see how this is similar to the easy mod thread?.... What I want is more like moving beatmap options menu from edit menu to the beatmap selection menu.
Oinari-sama
Isn't this another Free Mod request with a twist? t/56606
deadbeat

Oinari-sama wrote:

Isn't this another Free Mod request with a twist? t/56606
sounds more like customizing hard rock to me :/
Topic Starter
Jawing
....it isn't specific to any mods. It is an OPTION to change the settings for your beatmap...like you do in edit

I have uploaded some pictures to make it more clear.
Purple
Quit spamming, the concept is extremely easy to understand. It has nothing to do with mods.

Its simply a shortcut to the difficulty settings found in the editor.

I would find this very useful, but I think peppy is against making trainning tools.
show more