forum

Rumia Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeabagNation
I started out just making a skin that I thought looked nice, so I would have something to play on. Eventually I ended up skinning everything, so I figured I'd post it here for you guys. I literally had no purpose when making this, except to make something I liked the look of. If you like it too, good. If not, that's okay too.

It's a skin with lots of dark blobs, and some tactically placed images of Rumia. If you think there isn't enough Rumia, remember that she's the youkai of darkness. Every single one of those dark blobs has a Rumia hiding in it, so she's in almost every skin element - you just can't see her most of the time.

Download the latest version (1.1) as a zip here.

Thanks to These Guys
Much thanks go out to rogic, maker of the Darkness skin, which I stole the score font from.

A similar amount of thanks go to Xiao, maker of the Xi-style G2 skin, which I stole the taiko bar from.

Slightly more thanks go to MLGnom, who made the grade letters I forgot to credit him for, but didn't call me out on it. They're from his Reisen Udongein Inaba skin.

Props to Kuro for providing the special mode select background.
Octane
gg
Dai
another touhou skin, awww yeah
Kunieda
Woot....Touhou Skin :D
Blah blah blah...* Downloads*
Squaree_old
Nice skin. Good job :)
Oriens
Great skin! love it :)
winotu
good job, very nice skin ^^
creampuff
Oh, nice skin.
she_old
that S looks familiar
MLGnom

loseri wrote:

that S looks familiar
Shhh, nobody needs to know where it is from. :3c
she_old

MLGnom wrote:

AAaaaah! I remember it's from the R--..

alright
Lunavista
Very nice skin... now i'm going to try and see her in everything.
Topic Starter
TeabagNation

MLGnom wrote:

loseri wrote:

AAaaaah! I remember it's from the R--..
You know... I actually forgot that I had stolen and added a background to those. I'm impressed you noticed and knew which skin they were from, though.

I'm glad to get so many positive responses from you all. If you see anything that could be better, though, tell me. I'm slowly working on improving the skin as I play, every time I notice an improvement to make.
-Serena
reallly nice skin :D ~ Downloading.......~
mmnah
Good skin and everything, but.
Is it possible to fix that thing that when you selecting the song in songs list, the font of selected one wont become black? It is pretty annoying sometimes.
Kuro
Rumia is currently at Lv. 1 : If you give her more animation she will level up! :P

Lv. 2 : Make her blink (easy)

Lv. 3 : Make her LEVITATE!! (normal)

1. pippidonidle0
  2. pippidonidle1
  3. pippidonidle2
  4. pippidonidle3
  5. etc...
Lv. MAX : Make her say "BAKA!!" when you break your combo! (<3)
  1. combobreak.wav
Also what's wrong with the taiko hits?
  1. taiko-hit300 (1x1 px?)
Topic Starter
TeabagNation

Kuro wrote:

Rumia is currently at Lv. 1 : If you give her more animation she will level up! :P
Lv. 2 : Make her blink (easy)
Sounds good. I'll try, but my limited animation powers will probably not be enough.

Kuro wrote:

[b]Lv. MAX : Make her say "BAKA!!" when you break your combo! (<3)
  1. combobreak.wav
Lol. I like the idea, but you're too naive! She has to say "So~ nano ka~?" when you combo break!

Anyone with a cute voice want to volunteer for making a sound clip for me? I don't think you want Rumia to sound like a bearded man who drinks too much coffee.

Kuro wrote:

Also what's wrong with the taiko hits?
  1. taiko-hit300 (1x1 px?)
There's nothing wrong with the taiko hits. I removed them because I play taiko and don't want constant 300s messing up my bar. I guess I'll put some in when I V2 this skin, then just remove them again for myself.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Topic Starter
TeabagNation

ohyou wrote:

Good skin and everything, but.
Is it possible to fix that thing that when you selecting the song in songs list, the font of selected one wont become black? It is pretty annoying sometimes.
I'm not sure what you mean. Every time I click a song in the song list, its font goes black. I actually wish there were a way to turn that off, so I could make the menu buttons blacker.

If you're referring to the screenshot I posted, the selected song has black font. I'm hovering over a different track, which is why that one's expanded but not blackened.
MLGnom
And I will grant your wish.

Add "SongSelectActiveText:255,255,255" into [Colour] section in skin.ini (select colour of your preference).
-Ryosuke
cursor 10/10
show more