forum

Why do we need to post quality threads in off-topic?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
It's MEANT to be NOT SO LOGICAL DISCUSSIONS. Go to General Discussions if you want quality.
DJ Enetro
Not really quality, but they can annoy
johnmedina999
This is a good topic, and I would like to discuss it further.

As I see it, we are posting "quality" to please out current moderator, Flanster. However, it looks like he is not currently satisfied with our conduct. So why should we post quality here? Any attempt simply gets hammered either immediately or after a page. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if this thread gets locked as well.
Razzy
That's still not an excuse for spamming.
kai99
well we should have another round of this discussion either way, whether this thread gets locked or not. looking at past examples, it is hard to straight out define which threads get locked and which don't.

"So why should we post quality here?" (sorry im using quick reply so..)
imo to what i've seen off-topic quality / criteria is usually determined by the overlord present during that period of time. which means.. we should stick to flan's expectations or negotiate the extent to how shitty our posts can be.
Flanster
not so logical != retarded
johnmedina999

Raspberriel wrote:

I've only spammed once, and I now realize that was a mistake; I apologize. Although I'm pretty sure I'll never hear the end of it.

kai99 wrote:

imo to what i've seen off-topic quality / criteria is usually determined by the overlord present during that period of time. which means.. we should stick to flan's expectations or negotiate the extent to how shitty our posts can be.
I agree with this as well. Maybe Flan should give us clear expectations on his definition of quality, because obviously mine does not match up with his.
Foxtrot
I agree with this as well. Maybe Flan should give us clear expectations on his definition of quality, because obviously mine does not match up with his.
he literally just wrote it in the post above yours
johnmedina999

Foxtrot wrote:

he literally just wrote it in the post above yours
Which he posted while I was writing my response; therefore I did not see it.

Flanster wrote:

Can you please expand on this? Retardedness is very subjective; the extremes are clear, but what of those posts that fall in the middle? What of those questionable posts? Surely you must have a guideline for locking.
Ephemeral
something can be completely absurd but still not hot garbage

unfortunately "hot garbage" seems to be the only thing some (not all) of you are capable of
Flanster

johnmedina999 wrote:

Flanster wrote:

Can you please expand on this? Retardedness is very subjective; the extremes are clear, but what of those posts that fall in the middle? What of those questionable posts? Surely you must have a guideline for locking.
Bwoah.. I just evaluate if the thread's topic (if any) is interesting enough and worth expanding on. If it "barely makes it" lets say, I let it stay and see how it goes. If it derails, which in most cases does, it goes to helvette. Typical examples are posting random youtube videos, food recipes, irrelevant random conversations, random memes and topic hijacking even. What are "questionable" posts?
Razzy

johnmedina999 wrote:

Raspberriel wrote:

I've only spammed once, and I now realize that was a mistake; I apologize. Although I'm pretty sure I'll never hear the end of it.
I wasn't even talking about you!
kai99
So..... as mentioned yesterday it's the mindset of peeps. we should have a behavioral session :thonkang:
Ephemeral
actually a really good example of this kind of stuff is the 'helvetica standard' shorts from nichijou

absurdist humor may look "low effort" but it is actually somewhat involved

the ot news dudes have the right of it. high effort low-effort shitposting, if that makes sense
My Angel Kitten
since i never spam in off-topic thread. i wonder if moderator allow it :thinking:
Flanster
spamming is the fastest way to die
My Angel Kitten

Flanster wrote:

spamming is the fastest way to die
i want to live a bit more :^)
kai99

Ephemeral wrote:

the ot news dudes have the right of it. high effort low-effort shitposting, if that makes sense
high effort low-effort shitposting 👌
i think that makes sense, and it's what i've been thinking about a long time.
dk if that will even happen tho
johnmedina999

Flanster wrote:

Bwoah.. I just evaluate if the thread's topic (if any) is interesting enough and worth expanding on. If it "barely makes it" lets say, I let it stay and see how it goes. If it derails, which in most cases does, it goes to helvette. Typical examples are posting random youtube videos, food recipes, irrelevant random conversations, random memes and topic hijacking even.
So.as long as it contributes something to OT, it's good to stay?

kai99 wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

high effort low-effort shitposting, if that makes sense
high effort low-effort shitposting 👌
I don't get it.
lol

Canadian Baka wrote:

Why do we need to stop posting quality threads in off-topic?
because you and your band of cancer heads are worthless
show more