forum

Qualify Cap Change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZiRoX

Okay, the qualifying cap has been modified, leading to 7 maps getting qualified in a 25 min spam.

¿Can we get further details on what this change is?
Karen
nice change, but does it mean we'll have 100 pages of qualified maps one day
Stefan
I don't think it'll be so bad how you're imagine it. :P It's more handy to work this way.
shionelove
thanks,i minded because i had to push qualify button as fast,such 1ms as possible
i always was loser ;w;
Monstrata
I wonder if this change will affect the number of BN's being accepted this month.

Clearly with the limit being apparently removed, there is going to be a huge spike in qualified just looking at how many Bubbled maps are in pending. I've counted 13 maps qualified tonight (within the last 2 hours).

I wonder if this will also mean a QAT expansion because no way will QAT's be able to handle this increase.
OzzyOzrock
This isn't something that'll "die down" any time soon either; so this will definitely be interesting to see unfold haha.
Arzenvald
holy flying furball @_@

thanks for the fix ppy, finally my delayed request (over 1 weeks) got qualified right now...
Gravey-
At least i won't be stay awake until midnight just to wait for the qualify cap reset ._.

Slap me
xxdeathx

monstrata wrote:

I wonder if this change will affect the number of BN's being accepted this month.

Clearly with the limit being apparently removed, there is going to be a huge spike in qualified just looking at how many Bubbled maps are in pending. I've counted 13 maps qualified tonight (within the last 2 hours).

I wonder if this will also mean a QAT expansion because no way will QAT's be able to handle this increase.
According to KwaN, the limit is now on ranked maps, so when you qualify a map you're putting it in line to get ranked, a line that only allows 6 maps through every day. The QAT takes some maps out of line while they're waiting.
Arzenvald

xxdeathx wrote:

According to KwaN, the limit is now on ranked maps, so when you qualify a map you're putting it in line to get ranked, a line that only allows 6 maps through every day. The QAT takes some maps out of line while they're waiting.
considering with the qualified load this time, isn't that means it will takes more than 1 week for qualified map to passed the line to get ranked? or it will be just the same?
also im looking forward for any further official details about this changes.. so there will be lesser confusion in air xAx
Bara-
This is nice
With the way QAT work this is good

But doesn't it mean the amount of queued maps will skyrocket?
JBHyperion
Gonna wait and see how this pans out before casting judgement - it currently seems like we're just moving everything from one queue to another which we know little about. Any idea how long we can expect mapsets to spend in this 2nd queue waiting to start the 7 day qualification cycle, or if they can be "tracked" through this step in any way?
Monstrata
Uhhh, players expect to see qualified maps hit the ranked section after a week in qualified.

Well, other people have different opinions on how the cap change works too, this thread was made for clarification not speculation xP.
Loctav
There is indeed no cap in Qualified anymore (as far as I understood it). However, all Qualified maps are queued to get Ranked. All maps older than 7 days may get Ranked, albeit only the 6 oldest qualified maps will get Ranked.

There are still always 6 slots, getting free in a rolling fashion. Every slot frees 24h after getting the map inside the slot Ranked. This free slot gets filled with the oldest qualified map (which is older than 7 days and more) and moves it to Ranked.

If there is no map in Qualified for longer than 7 days, nothing gets Ranked and the queue is empty. We pretty much queued up all 7days+ maps into a long queue, moving them to Ranked one after another, around 6 per day but not all at the same exact second.
Bara-
Doesn't that mean that eventually people have to wait months in order for their Qualified map to go into ranked?
Loctav
If you don't speedrank the shit out of everything and keep the amount of qualifications moderate, then no, this won't happen :P
Kibbleru

Loctav wrote:

If you don't speedrank the shit out of everything and keep the amount of qualifications moderate, then no, this won't happen :P
LOL

sometimes i feel like Loctav is our babysitter
Bara-
There are already 13 maps qualified in 2 hrs (according to monstrata)
This means maps need to wait 8 days from now on
And if the next 3 days also have 12+ maps, it'll mean 4+ days waiting
Arzenvald

Loctav wrote:

i'd like to slow down how i qualify stuff then... but idk with the other BNs and the mappers their self...
plus, with the current cap changes, isn't this will make QAT works load increased..?
Yuii-
That's why they are DQ'ing stuff immediately. That helps a lot and it's much appreciate it, since you don't have to wait for that 6-days DQ where the map was about to get ranked, the frustration came from the front door. Yap.
Monstrata
It's just not possible to regulate the amount of maps getting qualified each day because the BNG is way too big.

Also, I thought peppy wanted QAT's to stop being so subjective with their disqualifications. I mean, after the removal of the QAT Bot disqualifications became very rare and I could literally agree with every DQ made. Now, some of the reasons are very subjective and some disqualifications are even made on the basis that "we want to discuss this pattern further". You shouldn't have to disqualify a map just to hear a mapper's reasoning behind a pattern, especially if they don't intend on changing anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like that disqualifications are happening so fast, but I think that just as there are going to be quality issues in "speedranking" a map, there are also going to be quality issues in "speeddisqualifying" the map.
Secretpipe

[GraveChaos] wrote:

At least i won't be stay awake until midnight just to wait for the qualify cap reset ._.

Slap me
Loctav

monstrata wrote:

It's just not possible to regulate the amount of maps getting qualified each day because the BNG is way too big.

Also, I thought peppy wanted QAT's to stop being so subjective with their disqualifications. I mean, after the removal of the QAT Bot disqualifications became very rare and I could literally agree with every DQ made. Now, some of the reasons are very subjective and some disqualifications are even made on the basis that "we want to discuss this pattern further". You shouldn't have to disqualify a map just to hear a mapper's reasoning behind a pattern, especially if they don't intend on changing anything.

Don't get me wrong, I like that disqualifications are happening so fast, but I think that just as there are going to be quality issues in "speedranking" a map, there are also going to be quality issues in "speeddisqualifying" the map.
DQs are there to discuss maps that have possible issues. So yes, if something is questionable, we will DQ it and figure out either if this stays or gets changed. Better adapt to it. If a QAT thinks that something needs a discussion or explanation, it will get DQd and we will look into the map without the pressure of time in the neck.
Kibbleru
meanwhile if the mapper successfully defends his points there wont be any penalty to the bn right
xxdeathx
as if anyone cared about BN penalties since the old BNG ranking system