forum

[resolved] [Fixed]Osu locked in 60 FPS while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tortuguitado
In the menu my fps goes up to 240 fps. While playing it becomes limited to only 60 fps. Notice how the game shows 240FPS in the menu, and 60HZ while playing. Does anyone know how to fix this?
In the menu:In game:

My video card is a RX580, vsyinc is disabled in the radeon settings
Death
Notice hz not fps, you are not capped to 60fps.

When you have the "Unlimited (Gameplay)" frame limiter selected, the fps displays your monitor's refresh rate instead of fps. The value directly below that is your frame time, which you can use to approximate your fps with the equation 1000/ms = fps.

If you were capped to 60fps, that value would be about 16-17.
Topic Starter
tortuguitado

Death wrote:

Notice hz not fps, you are not capped to 60fps.

When you have the "Unlimited (Gameplay)" frame limiter selected, the fps displays your monitor's refresh rate instead of fps. The value directly below that is your frame time, which you can use to approximate your fps with the equation 1000/ms = fps.

If you were capped to 60fps, that value would be about 16-17.

Makes sense, but i can still feel the input lag of the cursor when compared to the menu, and that wasn't happening until yestersay.
Death
That's probably related to those squares next to the fps counter which indicates you are dropping frames. Doesn't mean you are capped though.

Try restarting you computer. Close applications running in the background that you don't need to have open.

You could also try intentionally capping your FPS. It's possible having it run on unlimited is too much work.
Topic Starter
tortuguitado

Death wrote:

That's probably related to those squares next to the fps counter which indicates you are dropping frames. Doesn't mean you are capped though.

Try restarting you computer. Close applications running in the background that you don't need to have open.

You could also try intentionally capping your FPS. It's possible having it run on unlimited is too much work.

i tried capping the fps at 240 and it worked, the lag is gone!