forum

difference between Wacom CTL-472 and CTL-471

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tonanon
So recently my Osu! tablet broke, it was a cheap one that I bought so I could see if i wanted to commit to playing Osu! alot more, I have concluded that I do. Now im thinking of getting a better tablet. I'm trying to decide between the Wacom CTL-472 or CTL-471.
I know they have a price difference but im wondering if there is any MAJOR difference between the two that will effect how I play.
Also if there is any other tablet that is preferred please tell me.
Tjgknight
I play with the CTL-472 idk if it its as good as the 480 but you can give it an try.
Full Tablet
The CTL-471 is very good for osu!.

I haven't personally used a CTL-472. It seems to be same or very similar in terms of overall size, active area, and polling rate. It uses a thinner pen (which many people don't like for playing, compared to the thicker pen of the CTL-471), and has more levels of pressure sensitivity (only relevant if you want to use it for drawing).

Both tablets have a lower polling rate compared to the osu! tablet (they are slightly less responsive).
dung eater
If you have/plan tto have 133+hz monitor and want a smooth cursor a tablet with higher polling rate might be nice. I tried a 233rps tablet and i'm not going back to ctl480.
KemZii
I have ctl-471 and it's awesome
Onegai
I have a CTL-472 and it performs better compared to the cheaper tablet solutions like the Veikk S640, Huion H420(Old Osu Tablet). But i have a small problem (I don't know if this is only in my tablet) If I drag spinners for like 2 weeks it creates marks.

Overall recommend the CTL-472.
im flat
472 is a shitter version of the 471 with dots lol
471 > 472
show more