forum

[osu!mania] 2/25/18 Camellia - Feelin Sky (Camellia's "200step" Self-remix) by Chrubble Vote/Discuss

posted
Total Posts

Should Camellia - Feelin Sky (Camellia's "200step" Self-remix) by Chrubble be Loved?

Yes
98.25%
No
1.75%
Total votes: 57
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Toy
Camellia - Feelin Sky (Camellia's ""200step"" Self-remix) by Chrubble
Captain's Description (by Shoegazer):
Feelin' Sky is a chart that I believe encapsulates a recent shift in 4K charting meta today. Many charters, especially charters who are also great osu!mania players, have started to shift away from the use of patterns that were straight-forward and silky and focused more on patterns that are unconventional and rigid. This shift in charting meta has been received with mixed fanfare, but most fanfare seems to be notably positive about the change in charting trends. Given the general positive reception of this trend, it would be good to represent this trend in the Loved section in some way. Feelin' Sky is, in my opinion, one of the best charts to nominate to represent that change.

Feelin' Sky uses LNs (of almost all kinds), fast minijacks and rigidly patterned bursts; all of which are staples of modern hyper-technical charts today. However, what differentiates Feelin' Sky from many other technical charts like it, to me, is how natural these concepts are introduced into the chart. There might be some (arguably) excessive LN usage in some parts of the chart, but it felt as if the patterns that were in the chart were tailor-made for Feelin' Sky. The natural introduction of these concepts is something that I feel is lacking in these hyper-technical charts, and Feelin' Sky is close to a paragon of how charts of its kind should be created. The chart being a fairly novel experience for most players is also a massive plus.

In essence, while I feel that Chrubble's Feelin' Sky can be rough around the edges at points, it certainly shows a lot of heart. That display of heart is something that resonates with the charting zeitgeist today, and it is something that, I believe, makes this a solid nominee for the Loved section.

Please use the space below to discuss why you believe this map should (or should not!) enter the Loved Category.
The poll will run for 5 days. Revoting will be enabled for the sole purpose of changing your answer in the case that the discussion sways your vote otherwise after submission.

Link to this week's main thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/708945