forum

new style of music for "osu!"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wingman626
all the songs ive seen on here are mostly nightcore... (my friend loves it so much that me and him play them all the time, now dont get me wrong im not saying its awfull, i like it actually) but there is one specific genre of music that i cannot find in the beatmaps section and i was hoping that with approval or something ill be able to make it a beatmap or at least get this genre added to the search. i would love to see some dubstep as a beatmap. now your guys approval or disapproval dose not really matter to me, i just want to get some opinions because i was thinking of making a beatmap for it. (sorry if this isnt the right thread for this.) :D
Ephemeral
go for it. more diversity in the beatmap register is never a bad thing. most of the regular players are tired of anime maps anyway.
Soaprman
Go for it. I legitimately would enjoy some dubstep maps!

Not sure you can get it listed as a genre in the search so easily but you can throw "dubstep" into the beatmap tags and a search will pick it up just the same.
akrolsmir
Try starting a thread in the collaborations forum to see if anyone else is interested in making guest difficulties or a collab with you. Oh, feel free to PM me for a mod.
Backfire
Ive got a few maps of what is commonly considered (read : not really) dubstep. Go into my beatmaps and pending. Have fun :p Also im always glad to map more things that havent been mapped much. Mesaage me in game if you need help with your map, Ill be glad to help.
OzzyOzrock
dubstep mapped right will usually end up unrankable lol
Backfire

OzzyOzrock wrote:

lawl. 1/8 THEN 1/14TH WHAT
THEN 1/6TH BUT OH NO
1/3RD
THEN 1/2 COMES TO SAVE DAY
Hernan
I have this one tagged as dubstep and I really like it (the map) http://osu.ppy.sh/s/34396
Backfire
Lucy_Kaede made some skrillex maps, btw.

You know what, look up skrillex in beatmaps. You'll get the best true dubstep maps we have, I believe.
hoihoisoi
Wouldn't mid something new to come in the mix. Go for it!
awp

Backfire wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

lawl. 1/8 THEN 1/14TH WHAT
THEN 1/6TH BUT OH NO
1/3RD
THEN 1/2 COMES TO SAVE DAY
this sounds like a misconception of "mapped right"

you know it's possible to map things like prog, right? It's just not timer-friendly and you need to be skilled to do it. BUT IT CAN BE DONE
Shiirn
awp is actively implying that we both have mappers skilled enough to do such a feat and mappers who care enough about the music to spend the amount of time required to do such a feat.

we don't
awp
I kind of fall into both those categories but there's a third one to the effect of "I can't be bothered to map it" (as I regard "caring about the music" and "wanting to map it" separately)
Shiirn
i regard them as one in the same, but that's just me. i'm strange about how i care about my maps, so add that third if you like.
those
I thought we only map music. Dubstep is just noise.
Haseo_old
What the guy above me just said.

I don't like Dubstep maps that much, but this could be a great add.
senaya
4 pages already.
palion

those wrote:

ziin
70 bpm is too slow.
Copter-kun
I guess you can try. But I'm just warning you, mapping dubstep won't be easy.
Spinningtop5
FYI: im the friend that likes the nightcore >.>

EDIT: oh and this..

OzzyOzrock wrote:

and this..

those wrote:

Osu is a rhythm game so it has to have a nice beat to it for it to be enjoyable, so be careful what song you choose.

But good luck none the less, and take your time mapping it, its alot of work , and try finding others that can help you.

-Spinningtop5 :P
dNextGen

those wrote:

its not music,its art of noises : )
nrl

those wrote:

Don't worry, I'll map some drone, just for you.
BulldozA
I mapped a dubstep song ( http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42100 ) and they are harder to map than a usual song because of the bpm but there fun to play when there done right, my next project HARDSTYLE the old skool stuff XD
Yuki Hana-Chan
Ah. o-o You're right. I haven't seen many dubstep songs roaming around on osu! O:
I'm always up for giving suggestions to my mapping friends for songs. I'll ask them to map some dubstep. :3
Thanks for the heads up. Haha.
Lucy-Kaede
Skrillex - Kill EVERYBODY

A ranked dubstep as of 18th Dec 2011!
Topic Starter
Wingman626
its nice to see a lot of people supporting for more diversity in the beatmap collection. i did start, but i just cant find the right song. I've been working on this one song, but then either it didn't turn out right, or another song came in my view. if anyone can help, or if anyone wants to take a crack at the shittyness I've been working on, then just ask and ill send it your way XD

:? :? :? :o :o :o :D :D :D :| :| :|
tieff
I always wanted to map a dubstep song, but I just can't find a decend song to map.
Yeah, I'm lazy, gimme cool and fast dubstep.
druidxd

tieff wrote:

I always wanted to map a dubstep song, but I just can't find a decend song to map.
Yeah, I'm lazy, gimme cool and fast dubstep.
One of the coolest ones I could find (cool song AND video, well the video is kinda strange) is this one:

Delta Heavy - Hold Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCYsEMg09o

It's kinda fast and I guess some streams and jumps can be made out of this song.

This song is about 140 bpm, so it's not slow, but not way too fast.