forum

Megaman 9

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
Capcom decided to continue being awesome with their recent release of Megaman 9, which feels like a true trip through time to the late 80s in gaming. MM9 is fantastic and a very refreshing change from the current generation of brown war/space FPS with the occasional colourful Mario game. They really did a good job of staying true to the NES stylings in even the lower-level architecture emulation - we're back to awesome MIDI soundtracks that need to free up one of the BGM audio channels when there's another sound effect on the screen (ie shooting) and the game pulls the old dick moves that were so popular back in the day. It's friggin' impossible to sightread this game, but provided you're not terrible at videogames, a little bit of persistence is met with a lot of reward. Fantastic game worth the $11.30 I paid for it and then some, and I'm hoping to see more of this.

Maybe Nintendo will make another Super Metroid? Maybe Squenix will make a new Chrono? Or is Capcom the only company cool enough to hit new-age graphicfag gamers over the head with a pointy rectangular controller that fits in one hand, nevermind two?
Piku
Damn! I"m in Europe and I must wait for this :( I love old Megamans, and I must play this!
RemmyX25
Pure spoiler which I'm excited about

You can buy and play as ProtoMan!!! DUDE THATS AWESOME
Zatoichi

RemmyX25 wrote:

You can buy and play as ProtoMan!!! DUDE THATS AWESOME
That's it? Not that great; I think I'll just skip that just like I did in Megaman 3.

Oh, wait, that was BreakMan.
Cyclone
I haven't even played this game yet, but Tornado Man's theme is pretty damn awesome.
lukewarmholiday

Cyclone wrote:

I haven't even played this game yet, but Tornado Man's theme is pretty damn awesome.
I like galaxy mans :3
rtsmarty
Best new game ever.

I'd be very happy if more companies decided to follow suit. Even if it's just one offs now and then. It's a real breath of fresh air.
nooodl_old
I wonder if they're gonna do Super Mario Bros. 4 for the Wii, too...
Topic Starter
awp
ALMOST beat Wily3
1: Shoot his bouncy balls
2: Use Cum Shot
3: Use Tornado and Black Hole defensively, and Spark is his weakness
Topic Starter
awp
Cleared the game, got the Coffee Break achievement. No item victory, yessssss. Also got the Boss Rush X while I was at it. Clear time was 2:01 so I didn't get the Waltz achievement, but I played through again and got to Wily's stage in 34 minutes so I'm gunning for the <60 minutes achievement. Gonna be a tight fit, but I know most of the bosses weaknesses now. Still not certain about Wily's airship though D=
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

Cleared the game, got the Coffee Break achievement. No item victory, yessssss. Also got the Boss Rush X while I was at it. Clear time was 2:01 so I didn't get the Waltz achievement, but I played through again and got to Wily's stage in 34 minutes so I'm gunning for the <60 minutes achievement. Gonna be a tight fit, but I know most of the bosses weaknesses now. Still not certain about Wily's airship though D=
For the first part I used hornet spam and that killed him fast. The 2nd part I used the tornado blow. Although those might be better suited to a no damage/low damage playtrhough
Kasada
I think what I did was use Laser Trident against the first part, Tornado Blow against the second, and Hornet Chaser against the third.

Also, got the Trusty Sidearm achievement without E-Tanks. :) awp disagrees with my opinion on which boss is the hardest with the Mega Buster though... Hornet Man, you know it's Hornet Man
Topic Starter
awp
Pff Hornet Man's a joke, as is Jewel Man and Splash Woman. Galaxy Man's cake, too. Flame Man's getting easier though, Tornado Man's pretty easy. Cement Man is a big damage dealer though...Maybe he's the top dog? Naw, Plug Man - I'd say Plug Man's the hardest Buster boss.

My first time through the game I got the Trusty Sidearm and no coffee break achievement. Speed Metal as well as a few others - when I beat the game I got like 9 achievements right there. I'm at around 60%, plan to get a few more over the course of my lifetime.
Loginer
RemmyX25

Loginer wrote:

http://www.destructoid.com/mega-man-9-giveaway-contest-and-introducing-the-mega-man-boss-maker--101148.phtml
:3
I'm checking it out, but too many fags uploaded all of there images on one page, killing the page load time.

Fuckers.
Topic Starter
awp
best one is obviously WHATISAMAN
YoshiKart
Just got this game, because I've never played a single 8-bit Megaman game. >_> Only played Battle Networks 4BM, 5CT, and 6F, and Star Force Dragon. So, I'm pretty blind when it comes to this game right now.

Gonna try to beat the game first, then get all the achievements. I need moar exp.
Topic Starter
awp
Friend brought home Megaman Collection, so now I have Megamans 1 through 9 on my wii right now. Megaman 1's master robots are cake but the first wily stage is a huge bitch.
The_Biz_182
After tons of hard work I beat the game... TWICE :D
First run was about 13 hours and then I did a second run in one sitting of 1h14min
I actually got Quickdraw X on the second run but I was really lucky