forum

Loved Map List (Incomplete, Share Your Own!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire
What maps are you hoping (if taiko will be elligible by itself) to see in the Loved section? Reply and I can add it to the OP, as well as reasons to go along with it, so we can have a good list of our own ahead of time! Dismiss my opinions too, if you'd like, and explain why you think something shouldn't be "Loved" :)

My List

Reji - A Young Girl, So Vivid in the Night by S a n d
#1 Possibly one of the best and most unique taiko maps on osu, one of my personal favorites, has a few favorites but I think it's overall underrated.

yambabom - Over my head by Backfire & t+pazolite - Kick-ass Kung-Fu Carnival by Zapy (osu) & Backfire (Taiko)
#1 Over my head has almost 30 favorites, the map itself is unique and speaks for itself I think
#2 Kick-Ass Kung-Fu is the first Taikocalypse and remained a hugely influential map for a while, as well as a large amount of favorites and plays on youtube.

Paraoka Feat. Iku Akume - Slashmaid by Firce777 & t+pazolite - Do I Smile? by Firce777
#1 Originally one of the fastest and most difficult maps, notably almost got ranked, and is among one of Firce's best maps.
#2 Do I Smile? is Firce's most iconic map imo, probably the go-to firce force for most people, and among the only ones most people can realistically play. Hugely popular.

Kobaryo - Pumpin' Junkies (Kobaryo's FTN-Remix) by MMzz
#1 Another very popular map, this one being MMzz most popular unranked one, I believe this song has been mapped a billion times but the first time was by MMzz and imo probably the most well mapped of them all.

The Quick Brown Fox - Shut Down Everything by OnosakiHito & t+pazolite - to Luv me I *** for u by OnosakiHito
#1 Shut Down Everything is a very frantic and fun song, and both of the highest diffs very well are examples of how unique of a mapper Ono was/is.
#2 to Luv me I *** for u was the most insane thing any taiko player had seen back in the day. The first Taikosaki and kicked off a trend of mappers naming their own "hardest" diffs to show it went beyond Inner Oni (Taikocalypse, Firce Force, Taikosaki, Fatal Oni, etc)

Kurokotei - Scattered Faith by Sayaka
#1 The sequel to Galaxy Collapse, as far as I know he doesnt want to get it ranked, so Loved would be the perfect place to put this Ultimate Challenge map.

Ocelot - Tsubaki by TKS
#1 21 Favorites, a big favorite of a lot of players and notably an incredible dense usage of 1/6, the song became quite well known from this map as well.

Excision - Live Wire by -Kriston-
#1 This map blew my mind when it first came out, it is mapped very well and at the time Kriston was not a huge mapper, this one kind of launched him into being a very popular mapper. There is another map of his I like (Batty Foo Foo) but I believe this is the more popular of the two.

DJ TECHNORCH vs UNURAMENURA - Mind of Mind (GORE TECH Remix), DJ TECHNORCH - black miko miko meets gabba (Short cut.), Yuuyu - Scrap Syndrome (Short cut.) (Nwolf Set + Nyan diff), and t+pazolite - !!!chaostime!!! by Nyan
#1 Nyan's mapping in Mind of Mind is technically flawless, and this is one of the coolest songs on osu, with an accompanying map which almost represents the grimey nature of the song.
#2 One of the classic hard maps of all time, it does not have many favorites, but a long time ago when Taiko was a baby, this is one of the most instantly recognizable maps along with Gothic System (which is not uploaded)
#3 Scrap Syndrome has some very innovative stuff going on for it, again one of the early really early maps which is amazing.
#4 Chaostime is a really crazy map, I don't have much to say about it other than you should play it.

I know I am missing a few but those to me are some of the Taiko Community's best efforts and most well known maps. I tried to stay quite impartial, but feel free to suggest your own, this is only a fun thread for us to kind of record our thoughts before we can actually elect maps (if that's what we're going to do? I'm not sure, we'll have to see when it happens)
IwanWenChoong
Topic Starter
Backfire

iHuenchun wrote:

Post it here https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/512815
This is for taiko maps, not standard maps.
IwanWenChoong
Post it your loved beatmap here https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/512815. It's to all mode if you want
gibby10
if this topic is still active, then I would like to request this map. beatmapsets/1182936#taiko/2466186 Plus, I figure that because this is a tech map, it has several sections in the map, including a storyboard, so I think this would be a perfect fit.