forum

[resolved] Add a way to exclude certain items in the search bar

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ich Bin Frosty
So ever since I found out you can exclude keywords in google simply by using - in front of what you want excluded, I thought it'd be great for osu! Some people have an absurd amount of maps (I have near 18k), and it'd be nice to have the searches be more specific by being able to exclude certain things.

For example, if someone were to search by ar=9, they can exclude certain bpm's by typing ar=9 -bpm 180. Or if they want to filter out certain difficulties they can do that as well. I think it would be an easy way to reduce clutter considering the tabs are a bit limited.
Outline
I would think that searching "ar=9" it would show me maps that did have it and not ones that don't. I personally don't find the point in excluding items in a search, as it's better to search for what you're looking for. There is also organize by bpm and collections so I don't really see a point in this.
Jukkii
you can add multiple search options, so if you want to search for AR9 170-190 bpm maps then just do AR=9 BPM>170 BPM<190
so this is completely unnecessary
Full Tablet
You can exclude items from search with "!="

For example "OD!=7"
Seijiro
As mentioned in the post above you can already do that.
Topic Starter
Ich Bin Frosty
Awesome. Next time I won't suck and just ask first. Thanks guys!
Pawsu
Leaving this here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Interface#Search for future reference.