forum

[WIP][STD] Performance and RWBY oriented skin

posted
Total Posts
9
Topic Starter
Kili
Hi

Here is a work in progress for my first tribute for osu! community :D

The gameplay part was created first, so it's not thinked around the theme of RWBY but oriented to be really easy readable and simple (but i tried to get a good design also :D ) and then i've work around few days ago to get my own and complete skin.
There is still work to do, but the final version will arrive soon i hope.


Please, if you want share the skin, redirect to this page, thanks !


Aaand here is the link :
dropbox Don't contain minor change actually
Better looking letter rank (A, B, C, etc...)
Better looking menu background button
Other change it'll come with time

Any feedback will be appreciated ;)

PS : i know, there is no follow point, i just can't play with that :< add you favorite then :D
Sycranet
Hey, it look really cool for now :)

As for feedback, maybe it's just me but i find the number on the dark purple colour combo kinda hard to see.
And the little smoke after you click is a little disturbing.

Otherwise it's cool, and as a fan of rwby i love the theme obviously :)
Topic Starter
Kili
Thanks for the review and i'm glad you appreciate the skin :D

Hm, that's true, i never look at the number, i added these for those you can't play without, i'll use something closer of pink, tell me it's better in this way :)

About the little smoke, you can disable this in options (juste uncheck "hit lighting" ) or replace the "lighting.png" file with a void file.
iiko
Game-play wise...it is really well done, but you have a lot to work on, obviously. The circles are really easy and fun to read, but the stuff such as combo numbers, score, percentage, and timer...are all off the screen, and the timer is about half on screen. Also, the pause screen is invisible. You should have waited to have it mostly done before releasing it to the public, but I like it so far, good luck!
Topic Starter
Kili

Kasane Teto wrote:

Game-play wise...it is really well done, but you have a lot to work on, obviously. The circles are really easy and fun to read, but the stuff such as combo numbers, score, percentage, and timer...are all off the screen, and the timer is about half on screen. Also, the pause screen is invisible. You should have waited to have it mostly done before releasing it to the public, but I like it so far, good luck!
Can you tell me the resolution you use for osu! ?

I don't have these problems, maybe some screenshots to show what you talk about ?

This is my first skin (and my knowledge in design/phosotop are bad :D ) and i've follow the size of an other skin for reference, so i've probably done something wrong somewhere


I just tested some other res, above 1366x768 there is no problem, the problem come with the fact that i don't create a SD version of elements, I think.

Edit : I've added the SD version, can you try this and tell me if it solve the problem ? :)
iiko
Well, I was testing it on my laptop at the time, which was SD. Tried it again in HD and it was a lot better.
Topic Starter
Kili

Kasane Teto wrote:

Well, I was testing it on my laptop at the time, which was SD. Tried it again in HD and it was a lot better.
Nice :)

At least the problem with your laptop motivated me to do the SD version (:
iiko
Looks a lot better with the updates. The mod icons are really cool looking, the circles are really easy to read and fun to play with, and adds a challenge with no follow points. The only problem I have with it is that it can make my game lag a bit, which I guess is my fault.
Topic Starter
Kili

Kasane Teto wrote:

Looks a lot better with the updates. The mod icons are really cool looking, the circles are really easy to read and fun to play with, and adds a challenge with no follow points. The only problem I have with it is that it can make my game lag a bit, which I guess is my fault.
My game don't lag so, yes, it's probably caused by your computer :/ for the followpoints i just can't play with that, if I let them, my eyes don't focus on circles but on lines... that's a bit annoying :D

So I just don't know what is a "very readable and not too ugly" followpoints and I prefer to let the users add their favorite :)

Oh and, thanks for your feedbacks :)


Actually i'm looking to improve the look of letter ranking and trying something a bit different on hitcircle to make them more readable.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply