forum

[confirmed] Skin preview auto stops playing upon restarting map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ReneePrower
Problem Details:
When using the new "Preview gameplay" feature to preview a skin with an auto play, the cursor stops playing on some maps when the ~ key is used to restart the map, in a manner similar to p/4851208.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/nb3Ta/b0b87249af.wmv
(Sorry for sh*tty video quality; Hypercam is all I currently have available .-.)

osu! version: 20160217.7 (latest)
CM2
Also happens for me.
TheVileOne
This is a known issue.
Topic Starter
ReneePrower

TheVileOne wrote:

This is a known issue.
Thank you for confirming!
dtnc21
Problem Details:
Basically, when you're in a beatmap with skin elements included and the Auto modifier enabled, toggling the "Ignore beatmap skin" and then using the Quick Retry button (default [`]), it'll load the beatmap again, but starts at wherever the song were before. Using the Quick Retry button again will load the beatmap to the start, then skips the intro automatically, but the cursor will stay at the center and missed notes won't count until a bit before where the beatmap loaded the last time.

This happens in Stable (latest) as well.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Screenshots
Normal Replay

Toggling the"Ignore beatmap skin" option

Replay after Quick-Retrying

Replay after Quick-Retrying again

Replay after reaching the point the beatmap loaded on the first Quick-Retry

osu! version: 20160412.5 (latest)
non one c
Confirming!

Works with any gamemode.
Tryed it on cuttingedge b20164016
VeilStar

dtnc21 wrote:

snip

NoNiC wrote:

snip
Merged into this thread.
Topic Starter
ReneePrower

VeilStar wrote:

dtnc21 wrote:

snip

NoNiC wrote:

snip
Merged into this thread.
Thank you. I've been wondering if this thread was ever going to get noticed again. Lol

The problems definitely seem to be of the same nature. Also I'm just now noticing that it seems (at least during the "preview gameplay" feature in options) that the play begins at a given beatmap's preview point, and when using the quick restart key, the auto misses every note up until said preview point, at which time it begins playing again. I think I understand now what the exact bug is, but I don't know how to access the code to confirm this.