forum

[Mega osu! X] - Mega Man X Skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo
Mega osu! X v1.1
By DuoDynamo

____________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATES:
[v1.1] Aug. 18, 2010:
- Added an overlay picture for the pause screen.
- Changed the skin's name from Mega Osu X to Mega osu! X.
____________________________________________________________________________________

My first attempt at skinning. Took me quite a while, and I think it turned out pretty nice.

Initially I was going to stick only with SNES material, but I decided to loosen my restrictions a little bit, and I'm glad I did that.

Every in-game element is skinned (except for sounds), as are most of the menu elements. There are custom sounds, but hit sounds were kept unchanged. I still intend on doing some minor changes, such as skinning the mod selection buttons.

Download link: Here.

LOADSASCREENS below:

ThunderTopaz
I'll download it when I wake up.
seems like a good skin
ThunderTopaz
another thing before I go.....

I'm no huge Megaman fan but on the retry/back to menu section, you could of used a Doctor Light or Doctor Wily picture. But like I said, it's your skin and it still looks good.
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

ThunderTopaz wrote:

another thing before I go.....

I'm no huge Megaman fan but on the retry/back to menu section, you could of used a Doctor Light or Doctor Wily picture. But like I said, it's your skin and it still looks good.
Could be nice, but then it wouldn't fit the theme very well, since Dr. Wily and Dr. Light are major Mega Man Classic characters, and this is a Mega Man X skin. In any case, I'm glad you liked it so far. :D
Firo Prochainezo
Looks awesome.
Bestelle

DuoDynamo wrote:

Could be nice, but then it wouldn't fit the theme very well, since Dr. Wily and Dr. Light are major Mega Man Classic characters, and this is a Mega Man X skin. In any case, I'm glad you liked it so far. :D
Don't forget that Light actually shows up in Mega Man X, even just for a little.
He's even dressed as Ryu at one point.
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

RL Link wrote:

Don't forget that Light actually shows up in Mega Man X, even just for a little.
Yeah, I know; the hadouken capsule. Even so, he shows up so little I didn't even think about him. Of course, I can put him in if you guys want. =p
ThunderTopaz

DuoDynamo wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Yeah, I know; the hadouken capsule. Even so, he shows up so little I didn't even think about him. Of course, I can put him in if you guys want. =p
I say it would be a good idea. But that's just me, how does everyone else feel about it?
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo
What do you guys think?

ThunderTopaz

DuoDynamo wrote:

What do you guys think?

I love it!
It will work well.
ThunderTopaz
I've been wondering about this for awhile though, who is the guy with the red dot on his forehead who just screams "I'm the most evil person in the game"?
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

ThunderTopaz wrote:

I've been wondering about this for awhile though, who is the guy with the red dot on his forehead who just screams "I'm the most evil person in the game"?
Who, the bald guy?

He's Sigma, the main villain of the X series. AKA the most evil person in the game.

Esupanitix
(I'm speechless at how much you worked on this skin and it looks/works great)
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

(I'm speechless at how much you worked on this skin and it looks/works great)
Wow, thanks! I really spent quite some time on this, so I'm glad it paid off!

Really glad you enjoyed it. :)
awp
No love for Axl, eh?

Without checking the skin, I'd hope "Ready!" makes an appearance in the countdown.

Couple suggestions off the top of my head:

sliderball --> Rolling Shield

WarningArrows --> Boss "WARNING" display

As much as I'd like to see something more creative than "O" and "X" for sectionpass and sectionfail (I dislike "picture skins") I'd need to run through the series again before anything would come to me, most likely.

oh right, just throwing this out there: not every skin needs to have "osu!" in it, especially when it's not properly capitalized ;D
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

awp wrote:

No love for Axl, eh?
It's not that I don't like him, it's just that I intended to stick with a mostly SNES-ish theme. (I know I used pics from Rockman Online, but it's just X and Zero, so leave me alone. e_e)

Without checking the skin, I'd hope "Ready!" makes an appearance in the countdown.
It does, I just forgot to display it here. :B
Will take care of that ASAP.

Couple suggestions off the top of my head:

sliderball --> Rolling Shield

WarningArrows --> Boss "WARNING" display
The Rolling Shield might work, but I find that little bot funny. Will try that out anyways.
As for the 'WARNING!' display, it would be cool, but unfortunately it won't work. When you press up/down on the pause/fail menu, that's what appears to highlight the options.

As much as I'd like to see something more creative than "O" and "X" for sectionpass and sectionfail (I dislike "picture skins") I'd need to run through the series again before anything would come to me, most likely.
I tried to find a good pic of Sigma for the sectionfail pic, but the only one that had a good enough resolution didn't fit well with the X I made. =/

oh right, just throwing this out there: not every skin needs to have "osu!" in it
I know. Just named it with the first thing that came to mind. =p

especially when it's not properly capitalized ;D
...oopsie. Fixing that right away. Thanks for pointing that out.
Bestelle
Now that you threw in Light, I can safely say I love this.
Also I love you as a fellow Mega Man fan. No homo
Dragvon
Mto boa :3
Sabado vo dar um update no compendium aí coloco ela o/
digi_dude_22
This is awesome... great job on this skin!

Now all we need is either X or Zero as a catcher for CtB mode.
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

RL Link wrote:

Now that you threw in Light, I can safely say I love this.
Also I love you as a fellow Mega Man fan. No homo
Thanks, man. If you love me, I love you too. :3

Dragvon wrote:

Mto boa :3
Sabado vo dar um update no compendium aí coloco ela o/
Valeu! o/

digi_dude_22 wrote:

This is awesome... great job on this skin!
Now all we need is either X or Zero as a catcher for CtB mode.
I intend to work on that too. Glad you liked it. :D
Dragvon

Dragvon wrote:

• v 1.0 or higher OK!
    Feedback in topic OK!
    Enough information about the skin OK!
Added to Compendium~
Mals por ter enrolado @.@
Topic Starter
DuoDynamo

Dragvon wrote:

Mals por ter enrolado @.@
De boa, valeu por ter adicionado. o/
Linkiorra
Hello ! :)

Can i use your Skin for My Mega Man X3 Beatmap ?

Thank you !

;)
superanonymous
that makes me wonder your avatar is not in
megaman x arent you?
i am sure you arent but hey i am a megaman fan will i know megaman maybe when i was 6 or so
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bjork_hater
I like it but there's no fruit ryuuta or fruits and stuff
(and here is what I mean. )