forum

The Werewolf Game 5 (Ended by Host Decision)

posted
Total Posts
show more
matthewtck
okay, right, i know i am a noob...
just let me join, pls :(
Jinxy
cue aux lynch

Also, not joining, possible lack of time in the months to come. But then, I'm not any better.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
No worries, Matt. I'm probably in a different timezone than you. You're in.

If we manage 25 people I'll close signups a few hours after it happens.
Tatsuo

LadySuburu wrote:

I call Team "I don't sparkle or howl at the moon."
^

I'm IN

Oh boy, won't this be fun~~
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
You understand (hopefully) that this game is CastleVania-themed, not Twilight-themed. (The whole Twilight reference thing inevitably started when I said vampires were part of the equation.)

Signups updated, you're in.

Also, to be clear to all WWG newbies (and anyone else who may not have had any clue): The Narina shenanigans that occurred last night were not in any way part of this WWG or its theme. That is something of an in-joke about the fact that I roleplay a female character by that name in every MMO I play.
anonymous_old

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

Also, to be clear to all WWG newbies (and anyone else who may not have had any clue): I'm a faggot.
QFT.
Two_old
sounds like strager has some things he's insecure about
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Seriously Strager. I admit I'm far from an ordinary person, but I told you in PM, I take criticism and I'm fine with being poked fun at, but I don't go for insults.

I am not pissed; not yet, anyhow. I believe in fair warning, and I am now giving you yours. Do not insult me again. I'm serious.
anonymous_old

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

Seriously Strager. I admit I'm far from an ordinary person, but I told you in PM, I take criticism and I'm fine with being poked fun at, but I don't go for insults.

I am not pissed; not yet, anyhow. I believe in fair warning, and I am now giving you yours. Do not insult me again. I'm serious.
I don't see how it was insulting, but okay.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
We have...22 right now, looks like.

I guess I'll close signups tomorrow at 8 PM EST, assuming we'll get at least another person or two before then (it's about 8:30 PM as I type this, so about 24 hours from the time of this post). Even if we don't, I'm sure everyone's anxious to start. This allows some time for players to be informed of the new deadline and for a couple more people to sign up.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows

strager wrote:

A<3 is creepily good at being an authentic woman.
Thank you. I am freaky, I know, but everyone has their fortes/hobbies, and that's mine.

strager wrote:

YOU LIAR! YOU SAID I WAS ON YOUR MIND! ;_;

Narina wrote:

That wasn't a lie, you were on my mind...until I met Subi. I'm sorry!! ;-;
Ivalset
Rolled told me to join this.
anonymous_old
Fuck.

Yes.
LadySuburu
IVAAAAAL!

Whee.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Now if we could manage to get Echo in here, this game would be of the MAXIMUM PWNAGE persuasion.
Two_old
give me the ninja role
0_o
You should probably update the signup deadline on the OP.
Tatsuo

Ace Of Hearts wrote:

You understand (hopefully) that this game is CastleVania-themed, not Twilight-themed. (The whole Twilight reference thing inevitably started when I said vampires were part of the equation.)
Oh I know.
matthewtck
I realised that my time is a 12 hours differences.... :roll: also i realised that your dawn(werewolf time) would be at my time night...and your night(wwtime) would be my afternoon...hence I can only post at dawn(wwtime) and be absent for the day(wwtime) as my holidays are over and i need to go to school and cannot stay up too late...i would only post form 8AM to 10AM+(wwtime) so i wll vote in the morning
0_o

matthewtck wrote:

I realised that my time is a 12 hours differences.... :roll: also i realised that your dawn(werewolf time) would be at my time night...and your night(wwtime) would be my afternoon...hence I can only post at dawn(wwtime) and be absent for the day(wwtime) as my holidays are over and i need to go to school and cannot stay up too late...i would only post form 8AM to 10AM+(wwtime) so i wll vote in the morning
The WWG day lasts ~5 real life days; WWG nights are ~3 real nights. You'll have plenty of time to participate.
matthewtck
but problem is we can't talk at night and i not the type to team up and go against someone...
Jinxy
You do know you can post, go to sleep, then see the replies the next day, right? If you need to "team up", use the osu mail.
anonymous_old

matthewtck wrote:

but problem is we can't talk at night and i not the type to team up and go against someone...
WWG Night is a specific period of about 72 hours. It does not depend on time zones, etc.
WWG Day is a specific period of about 120 hours. It does not depend on time zones, etc.

Real time night is a specific period of about 8 hours. It does depend on time zones, etc.
Real time day is a specific period of about 16 hours. It does depend on time zones, etc.

Please learn to distinguish the two. You will be able to play the game from anywhere in the world (except Cananda).
matthewtck
oh....thanks
aRiskOfRain
I'll join.
Wojjan
Condescending join
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
For the record, with 25 players, protracted phase durations will be as follows:

Day Phases: 6 days long.
Night Phases: 4 days long.

As always, these will get shorter as more players die (and thus not as much time will be needed for discussion).

I have not made up my mind on the exact setup (and of course, in the end, I can't tell you what I'm ACTUALLY going to use), but here's what I'm thinking:

7 or 8 Vampires, definitely with a Head Vampire.

All Aux Roles are protracted to be used, possibly with one or more multiples (although I may change my mind on anything).

Again, NONE OF THIS is set in stone, and is a general "I think this is maybe what I'm using" thing. And I'll say it again: I am NOT TELLING what I actually do end up using in the end.
Two_old
pls shorten day/night durations

people will lose interest fast
Cuddlebun
yes please, we usually don't really need that much time anyway
LadySuburu
At maximum, to keep interest (since in WWG there's no automatic lynch...)

Day: 4 days

Night: 2 days (Maybe 3, if there's a lot of Auxes. Maybe end it if all aux commands are in.)

....but, it's still up to the host.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
I am flexible, and also don't want this game to take forever either, so hearing this from several people who play WWGs often makes me more comfortable with the idea.

So days will be 4 days, and nights should be 2 days?

Anyone disagree with that?

If I find no dissenters, that shall be the timeline.
Ivalset
anonymous_old
5/2? =[

4/2 works I guess...
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
^ 2 posts above me is a protractor.

I get the reference, real funny. ;p

Also, signups close in an hour and a half. Any last-minute /ins?
Rolled
Nope. Role PMs go.
Topic Starter
AceOfArrows
Right you are, it would seem.

Signups are over now, I shall now do role determination.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS PEOPLE :3
WhoAteFred
I shall do no crossing of any kind.

Except maybe double-crossing.
Firo Prochainezo
FFFFFUUUUU-
Should have come earlier! D:<
Chris_old
Send the PMs.
WhoAteFred
Ace is still choosing which roles will be played. Give it a while.
show more