forum

How do you guys play with Rapid Trigger??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xilz
Hey casual Osumania! player here. I've been experimenting with my steelseries apex pro trying to play with rapid trigger. But I cant seem to get good accuracy when I have it on, when I have it off I can get good acc. I've seen some people recommended using rapid trigger but idk if im playing with it on wrong or if im messing with the wrong settings.

Actuation:0.6
Rapid Trigger:0.4

Normally I play at 0.4 actuation across the board.

Oh and I'm open to new settings to try and advice thanks
I AM VERY SMART
First I need to buy myself an actual wooting keyboard (or a keypad)
Naiad

Xilz wrote:

Hey casual Osumania! player here. I've been experimenting with my steelseries apex pro trying to play with rapid trigger. But I cant seem to get good accuracy when I have it on, when I have it off I can get good acc. I've seen some people recommended using rapid trigger but idk if im playing with it on wrong or if im messing with the wrong settings.

Actuation:0.6
Rapid Trigger:0.4

Normally I play at 0.4 actuation across the board.

Oh and I'm open to new settings to try and advice thanks
Maybe post on the mania forum. In standard rapid trigger is often a lot less bad because usually the next note is not directly on top of the previous one, so accidental extra clicks are not always punished (and anecdotally I get many more extra hits while playing 1/2 rhythms instead of 1/4, so I get dozens of extra taps without being punished).
AccountWontWork
I use:

Actuation: 1.5mm
Rapid Trigger: 0.1-0.3

I find that having your actuation point 1mm or more is generally easier to control.

(also 2k post nice)