forum

[osu!mania] Aiobahn feat. KOTOKO - INTERNET YAMERO by shenglinnn

posted
Total Posts

Should Aiobahn feat. KOTOKO - INTERNET YAMERO be Loved?

Yes
91.55%
No
8.45%
Total votes: 142
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Paturages
Main thread: [osu!mania] Project Loved: July 2024

Aiobahn feat. KOTOKO - INTERNET YAMERO by shenglinnn
185 BPM, 3:52 | 5.07★, 5.08★

Captain's description (by Paturages):
If there were a "guilty pleasures" category of SVs, this would be part of it.

shenglinnn's INTERNET YAMERO is an intriguing mix of modern SV execution and old-school experience. Despite being made in 2023, I think it conceptually plays like 2017–2018'ish SV. The map lends itself to be enjoyed casually: a mix of friendly patterning and a simplistic approach with somewhat physical tendencies will remind people of some old-school reading-oriented classics.

Allegedly, the technical SV approach was borrowed from H1Pur, a recent yet mainstay name of normalized but impactful reading SVs. Here's a secret from another SV mapper's perspective: we honestly just copy and paste values and transitions we're used to working with, and it actually works most of the time! SV mapping really doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable, which is incidentally why simplistic but effective approaches end up as the most popular types of maps in the end.

A bit of an odd tangent, but I feel like modern streaming is coming somewhat close to a convoluted game of Tamagotchi. If you've played NEEDY STREAMER OVERLOAD, you probably understand where I'm coming from, and while that game's message and execution are largely exaggerated, I do think that what goes behind the scenes of streaming is often underrated, especially in terms of mental health. Feel free to discuss further in the voting thread... or don't, and just drop a vote and lurk!

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
H1Pur
paturages just casually calling me out with the copy paste sv

he isnt wrong though
-Kori
🙏 BLESS 🙏
tylersfoot
HELL YEAH
[-Omni-]
mmmm sv
Biriq
Mmm, sv.
Reset2150676
🙏 BLESS 🙏
faire

LETS GO
tsuniox
si
No0b_533
tasty sv.

mnnnn accuracy drops jummy jummy
[GB]Rush_FTK
Imo even loved map should also consider consist and gameplay things, so not only watch the songs itself, i strongly suggest play at once before voting charts.
Topic Starter
Paturages
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.