forum

osu!mania mod to move combo counter off of the note track.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
NFZ_Cap
As a arcade dj mania and drum mania player I would love to see a feature in mania where you can move the combo counter from left to center to the right side via a mod button. currently the combo counter sits on the note track, after years of playing arcade cabinets there is a option to move the combo to the right side of screen. i used that option alot and i think that it would be a great improvement on the game mode.

thanks for taking a look at my post. I know im a new player but im a veteran of the game genre.

FrzR
Interesting but i find it distracting for me to look on the other side while playing. It's good enough for me the way it is now. :)
Maiz94
Sounds great and plausible to implement. Idk for devs though. :P
Nvirjskly
I know there are ways to move the combo counter vertically in the skin ini files (ComboPosition,) so all we would need is another ini file option, something like ComboHorizontalPosition and not a whole mod.
bwross
Yeah, this really should be a skinning option. Personally, I've already moved my combo counter off the note track by shifting it down until it was over the keys at the bottom.
Topic Starter
NFZ_Cap
Maybe implementing a mod option is a lil much but it should be an option non the less. I personally dont look at my combo and since I tend to not memorize the songs i play it would help.

Also what file path do i need to find to move my combo down to the key bar in mania. I would love a quick fix if you can help

thanks alot for the interest.
Nvirjskly

SnottRod wrote:

Also what file path do i need to find to move my combo down to the key bar in mania. I would love a quick fix if you can help
Open 7K.ini (or 4/5/6/8K.ini) in your skin folder and see if you can find ComboPosition, if it is not there add it on a new line. Set it to about 445 (you can play around with this value), so you would see something like

ComboPosition: 445
Topic Starter
NFZ_Cap

Nvirjskly wrote:

SnottRod wrote:

Open 7K.ini (or 4/5/6/8K.ini) in your skin folder and see if you can find ComboPosition, if it is not there add it on a new line. Set it to about 445 (you can play around with this value), so you would see something like

ComboPosition: 445
thank you ill try it out