Rynn's Personal Art Thread 💫

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]
welcome to...
Rynn's Personal Art Thread!

Request: Closed
*This is just a small test for my requests. if this goes well and i can manage myself, i will continue adding available slots

Rules:
> Must be SFW
> Requests that target a specific individual, has something to do with politics/religion and/or have controversial topics are denied
> Commercial use is prohibited
> DO NOT use for AI art
> Repost/personal use is allowed with credit (@nekowo55 on insta)

Here, you can request anything you want within the rules. You can post the reference of the character and pose (if you're feeling generous). You can choose the style you want. Unfortunately, I'm not doing semi-realistic style for this request. First post first serve.

For style 1, I'm going to do a clean sketch with base coloring and simple shading. As for style 2, I'm going to do fully rendered (if not, almost) because it generally takes less time.

Please keep in mind that i can't draw (some) animals, backgrounds and complex poses :3

Queue:
-

-‘๑’-

✦ About & Background

Hi, I'm Rynn! I am a young teenager, self-taught hobbyist artist. I started learning digital art in 2020 and have been improving ever since. I use IbisPaint X as the main app I use. I use my phone as my only device and I draw using fingers :). My art style is heavily inspired by anime, and I'm also interested in semi-realistic styles too as of lately. I'm currently focusing to learn more about anatomy, proportions, semi-realism, and lighting. I also draw on my sketchbook from time to time, but I mostly do digital. I have extremely inconsistent art styles (unfortunately).

✦ Goals

➤ Able to draw semi-realistic decently by the end of the year
➤ Learn more about proportions and anatomy
➤ Improve in terms of lighting
➤ Focus on drawing background next year
➤ Have fun and enjoy my artworks!

✦ Tips From Me!

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I would love to give a few tips I often use when I'm drawing! If you have some tips and advices you would like to share, please feel free to do so!

❥ Tracing WILL help you
This is my advice for ABSOLUTE beginners. I know I may look weird that I encourage tracing as an artist myself. What I meant by tracing is not tracing other people's artwork, rather references from real people (i.e. image of a k-pop idol, a photoshoot, a selfie of yourself, etc.) This will help you with grasping the idea of anatomy and proportions in general. This personally helped me a lot, so try it yourself too! But remember, DO NOT TRACE OTHER PEOPLE'S ARTWORK AND CALL IT YOURS.

❥ Use references
Using references will not only help you with what you actually want to draw, but it will also help your art to have more of a direction into it. Using references will help you in many ways - from anatomy and poses to lighting, using a reference will help you spice up your own artwork. It's completely normal to go to pinterest and spend the next 5 hours to find the perfect references. References also gives you a more clear idea of what you're drawing! (side note: don't use google for references, use pinterest)

❥ Experiment with your art style
If you use programs like IbisPaint X or Clip Studio Paint that have a huge brush selection, starting from the brushes from the program itself to brushes that are made by other uses, use them to your advantage! Find brushes that you feel most comfortable with. It's also important to experiment with your own art style. Even now, I would often find myself experimenting with random stuff in the middle of rendering, and it really helps me improve and it also helps you with finding your own unique style.

❥ Ask for advice
Sure, you can improve by yourself, but it's very important for you to ask advice from people around you too. Whether it's a friend, family members, your teacher, or some random person on discord, just ask for advice from other people who have experience in art. It's also very important to maintain a relationship between you and other artists. So if you know a friend or two that also likes art, talk with them, find some art mutuals on social media platforms, etc.

❥ Trust the process
Your sketch/line art may look ugly, but when I say trust the process, I mean it. I know for some people, rendering is quite hellish, but when you render your drawing as a whole, it will turn out great! Sitting in front of a screen for 5+ hours is definitely gonna hurt your eyes, so make sure to give yourself some time to rest, and that leads us to the next point!

❥ Take care of yourself well
I know we get carried away easily, but please remember to eat and sleep! I myself would often forget to eat or sleep when I'm drawing, and that's a bad habit of mine. So please, take care of yourself well. Give your eyes time to rest, stretch your back from time to time, eat and sleep well :D

✦ My Artworks!

Here's a few of my artworks, sketches and doodles!! I hope you enjoy my art as much as I do :3
the resolutions are quite big, so be prepared for that

!!! REPOST WITH PERMISSION AND CREDIT !!!

Feel free to mutual me on instagram!
lostsilver
HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
I SEE YOU DREW BOYFRIEND!!!! >:333

but okay real talk, your art is so dang cute!!!! it's so calming to look at aswell... i love your artstyle so much omggggg
you're so good at this for someone who's self taught!

oh also, if you'd like to ask for some characters for me to draw, you can request those in my art thread! i'd like to draw some stuff for you guys <3
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]

lostsilver wrote:

HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

but okay real talk, your art is so dang cute!!!! it's so calming to look at aswell... i love your artstyle so much omggggg

oh also, if you'd like to ask for some characters for me to draw, you can request those in my art thread! i'd like to draw some stuff for you guys <3
Thank youuuu!!!

Updated OP with a new tip!
lostsilver

[ Rynn ] wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

HEHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Thank youuuu!!!

Updated OP with a new tip!
no problem! and yea, taking care of yourself as you do art is very important! we need to be sure that our mental state is in check as we go along the path of being an artist, and making sure that you're okay mentally and/or physically is key to being an artist ^^
his everything
the thread presentation is incredible <3333

thanks for the tips btw, it's really helpful ^^
lostsilver
can't wait for when your requests are open :33
his everything

lostsilver wrote:

same!!!!!
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]

Anaxii wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

same!!!!!
Currently planning to open requests, still thinking about it tho :3
lostsilver

[ Rynn ] wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

same!!!!!
okay!!! <33
his everything

lostsilver wrote:

[ Rynn ] wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

same!!!!!
okay!!! <33
ALR
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]
updated OP with requests and 2 new artworks :)
his everything

[ Rynn ] wrote:

updated OP with requests and 2 new artworks :)
NICE
Farfocele
Would be interesting if you redrew this! Feel free to choose the style which you think would fit better.
lostsilver
oki!!! lemme think of a request (and also draw a pose ref for it)

okay got it!

can you draw expunged and bandu singing together for me?
here is a ref of the two!
and here is a sketch/pose ref for you to use!
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]
Gonna start working asap~
lostsilver

[ Rynn ] wrote:

okay!! good luck <333
Farfocele

[ Rynn ] wrote:

alright!
his everything

[ Rynn ] wrote:

GLGL

by the time you will read this, it will be sunday lol
Ymir
I'd like to request a piece!
The character is Ymir, here is some references (let's make her happy for a change)!

Love your style.

his everything

Ymir wrote:

I'd like to request a piece!
The character is Ymir, here is some references (let's make her happy for a change)!

Love your style.

second one with rynn's artstyle would be guud!!
show more