forum

Ok how tf did this even happen???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer
ok so basically I was farming some maps and then bam

this happened

I was pretty upset but then I looked closer at the scores and now I'm just confused

The 95.32% play

The 93.96% play

Can someone tell me how tf is The 93% play higher score than the 95% play???
The 95% play is better in every hit window. misscount, perfects, marvelous, bads, and goods.
can someone inform me on how the hell the scoring system works???
Stomiks
The A score has more combo it seems
his everything
Your A rank play has 575 combo, but your S rank play has 451 combo. I'm not sure if it's right because I don't really know the mania score system that much, but I think it also takes into account your combo on the map.
Dementedjet
Score in osu!mania is capped at 1 million and consists of two parts, each contributing 50% of the total score:

Base score, which is judgement-centred. Judgement determines a hit object's base scoring value (MAX, 300, 200, 100, 50, or 0 in case of a miss).
Bonus score, which is based on judgement and a floating bonus multiplier, which increases when getting a MAX or a 300, and decreases with a 200 or below.
In addition, score also has the following components:

Accuracy depends on judgement and shows how precise hits are. Late or early key presses, as well as misses, decrease overall accuracy.
Combo shows how many objects were hit in a row. It has no effect on total score and may be broken by a miss.
After completing a beatmap, the score is assigned a grade, a short accuracy assessment in form of a single letter. A golden or silver SS denotes 100% accuracy.

Blatanly copied from osu's wiki

Huh, although it says that combo doesnt affect overall score
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer
I'm pretty sure that combo has nothing to do with the scoring system in mania though
Stomiks
I see. Yeah I think it has to do with how much misses and such you did. Maybe in your A score you had less 100s, 50s, misses and such but your S score got something like 20 misses more than your A score but other than that also got good acc.
midgy
the score is higher because your good bad and missed notes were more spread out, osu scoring system benefits putting all the misses in one spot instead of spreading them out, the actual combo number doesn't matter at all, it's because there's a hidden bonus score multiplier which increases for every rainbow 300 and lowers for every 100, 50 or miss (it usually makes up for about 20-40k of your score)
15C

anFNFplayer wrote:

I'm pretty sure that combo has nothing to do with the scoring system in mania though
iT DOES
YyottaCat
Congratulations on getting Score V1’d!!!
Anaxii 3
depending on how many 320s (Rainbow 300s/MAXs) did you get
rei et
combo and ratio, that's it
also don't farm :(
Stomiks

dumbkurttt wrote:

also don't farm :(
Yeah true don't farm guys
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer

midgy wrote:

the score is higher because your good bad and missed notes were more spread out, osu scoring system benefits putting all the misses in one spot instead of spreading them out, the actual combo number doesn't matter at all, it's because there's a hidden bonus score multiplier which increases for every rainbow 300 and lowers for every 100, 50 or miss (it usually makes up for about 20-40k of your score)
thanks
Nene Sakura
use NC so you can get pp