forum

[resolved] How do I get the Osu Hit Sound?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillxIsDoge
I've been watching Osu! content on YouTube recently, and I keep on hearing a sound, which sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6vKSYqOuc&ab_channel=Embers
And I was wondering how to get it, I've tried searching it up and found no downloads for the audio or anything, and I don't really know how to add hit sounds to my Osu!
Could someone please give me the download for the sound, and a link to how to add custom hit sounds to my game?

Thank you!
deoro
pretty much you replace the previous file in the skin folder with the one you want.
list should be here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Skinning/Sounds

also I think that sound is in a bunch of different skins so you'll be able to find it by looking around a bit.
Topic Starter
MillxIsDoge
Do you know a tutorial in which shows me how to switch the hit sounds? The ones I found were for switching the hit sounds for individual maps. Or is changing it in individual maps the only way to use custom hit sounds?
deoro
if you have a skin, there will be an option in settings to open the skin folder,
(this folder is in the same place as your osu shortcut)

then you can replace the files in that folder.
Lyawi
  1. make sure to disable beatmap hitsounds and enable skin's sound samples in your osu! settings
  2. here's the sound you've been looking for: *click*
  3. look up "skin" in settings, open your skin folder and replace soft-hitnormal with this sound file.
  4. after you did that, press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! to reload your skin.

you can also replace normal-hitnormal and drum-hitnormal. it's just that the soft sampleset is mostly selected by mappers.
sound files named *sampleset*-hitwhistle, -hitclap and -hitfinish are just another sounds besides -hitnormal. if they bother you, feel free to change them aswell
Topic Starter
MillxIsDoge
Hi, I opened up my Skins folder, and only found a skin I used to use. Am I able to switch hit sounds with the regular Osu! skin? Thanks!
Topic Starter
MillxIsDoge
I just swapped the sound files, and it still doesn't work. Alongside that, I tried changing the "welcome" noise, and it didn't work. I'm using .wav and also am naming the files the exact same thing they were before.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Edit: Found out that I had ignore skin sounds on. Thanks, but am I able to use these sounds on the default Osu! skin? I personally prefer the default skin over custom made skins.
Death
Images/sounds that are missing from the skin folder will automatically use the defaults instead. So, you can delete everything inside the skin folder except for the sounds you want to replace and you will be left with the default skin with changed sounds.

MillxIsDoge wrote:

Alongside that, I tried changing the "welcome" noise, and it didn't work. I'm using .wav and also am naming the files the exact same thing they were before.
welcome.wav is supporter only, unfortunately.
Topic Starter
MillxIsDoge
Thanks Death!
cpcq

Lyawi wrote:

1. make sure to disable beatmap hitsounds and enable skin's sound samples in your osu! settings
  2. here's the sound you've been looking for: *click*
  3. look up "skin" in settings, open your skin folder and replace soft-hitnormal with this sound file.
  4. after you did that, press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! to reload your skin.

you can also replace normal-hitnormal and drum-hitnormal. it's just that the soft sampleset is mostly selected by mappers.
sound files named *sampleset*-hitwhistle, -hitclap and -hitfinish are just another sounds besides -hitnormal. if they bother you, feel free to change them aswell
i cant download the sound file. it says error on file.io