forum

Tag Tournament Winners

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
What you could probably call osu!'s first tournament to be successfully organised and run has finally come to an end. Many thanks to Gabi for making this happen, and while it wasn't a huge profile tournament, it definitely shows the presence of interest for cooperative multiplayer modes (something which I would like to expand on in the future). Quoting Gabi (mostly):

Yahoooooooo the Tag Tournament has finally gotten to its happy ending. It was tough road due to timezone and real life issues, but with some tweaking and compromising on the way it was finally possible to play it out. The finals/semifinals were really hard to decide, seeing as we were originally going for a single elimination, then a round robin, but in the end decided to swap back to single elimination. I know it got a little unorganized, but this was the best solution in order to not prolong the tournament for so long.

Thanks to everyone for participating - it has been a long run - much longer then i had expected.

The two finalist teams were:
15.Team Lubimy Ponczgi! (Ryohan, SeymourLyon)
vs
21.Team Animalz D: (niedzwiedz1124, White wolf)

It was best out of 5, and here are the maps that were played and the results

Tatsh - Kachoufuusetsu [Another]
Team Animalz D:

Starving Trancer feat. Maki - Agony [Hard]
Team Animalz D:

Tatsh Assault X - The Dirty Of Loudness [Insane]
Team Lubimy Ponczgi!

Seiryu - Time To Air [Another]
Team Animalz D:

Winners:
#1 Team Animalz D: (Niedzwiedz1124, White wolf)
#2 Team Lubimy Ponczgi! (Ryohan, SeymourLyon)
#3 Team MINMIrox (DeathxShinigami and Zatoichi)

Congratulations! The winning teams have received a 1 year osu! subscription and a shiny badge in their profiles.

I'd like to thank:

*All the participants. thanks for Signing up and making this tournament happen
*EEeee, Larto and Daru who helped me out with various things.
*Starrodkirby86 and KiouKiou for helping me test dodgy maps (note these were not in the competition during trying out maps)

Special Thanks too:

*Peppy for helping out with the rewards.
*Happy30 for making an awesome beatmap for the finalists (note if happy would still be in the finals the map
would not have been chosen)

*Daru for making an awesome logo
*Vytalibus for making that amazing bracket image

If you missed this tournament, don't worry. There will be more in the future so make sure you keep an eye out for this forum!

Thanks again to everyone
Gabi~
Doomsday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ShaggoN
Congratulations. :) It's great step for osu! That tournaments are awesome. :)
Fallen
Congrats everyone!
I wonder what happened to that CtB tournament.
Gabi
Thanks for the add and for polishing the original post peppy.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Grats to everyone who didn't fail the first round. I feel kinda better now that I know Derekku and I lost to the tournament winners. =]
I couldn't have said this better myself. Great job, you guys, and to everyone that played! :)
niedz
yay,thanks all ~(especially peppy for the prize <3)
it was a fun event,hope there will be more such
also,gg's Team Lubimy Ponczgi! P:
anonymous_old
Mm, the "tag winners" thing shows up in the profile but not in forum posts. Is this intended?
mattyu007

peppy wrote:

The winning teams have received a 1 year osu! subscription and a shiny badge in their profiles.
anonymous_old

mattyu007 wrote:

peppy wrote:

The winning teams have received a 1 year osu! subscription and a shiny badge in their profiles.
<~~ My mini-profile.
Nazo_old
I should have Participated. I didn't even know you'd win a subscription.

Anyways great job. :3
himydanny
grats! :)

(we should have beaten Team Lubimy Ponczgi! since they just lead us for no more than 5000score TAT :( ....

OK we'll beat u next tournament, see you there! :P
Daru
Congratz to the winning team, if I have not already said it enough in chat. xD

Peppy, you should make the badges in the profile link to this thread (or the tournament's). :)
Bluethefox
Grats. ;)