forum

Difference between Lazer and Stable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jarcrafted
Lazer seems to be easier and I get way higher accuracy and score on Lazer than on stable.
Obviously something is different but I can't figure out what's different.
Can any smart people tell me?
midgy
the only reason i could see you doing better is improved performance, lazer uses scorev2 (or something similar but not exactly iirc) so it actually makes it a bit harder to acc
Stomiks
I personally find lazer to be unstable. It feels weird to play and there are frame drops here and there.
Topic Starter
Jarcrafted

Stomiks wrote:

I personally find lazer to be unstable. It feels weird to play and there are frame drops here and there.
But what's the difference??
Stomiks

Jarcrafted wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Stable is more stable than lazer
Topic Starter
Jarcrafted

Stomiks wrote:

Jarcrafted wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Lazer is more Lazer than stable
Stomiks

Jarcrafted wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Jarcrafted wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Lazer is more Lazer than stable
Yeah so that's why it's gonna have some problems. It's better to wait until lazer gets more stable than stable does.
Ymir
Lazer laggier
Topic Starter
Jarcrafted

-Remi wrote:

Lazer laggier
Lazer is smoother for me
But im asking what's the difference on input
Is there different hit timings?
Stomiks

Jarcrafted wrote:

-Remi wrote:

Lazer laggier
Lazer is smoother for me
But im asking what's the difference on input
Is there different hit timings?
It felt off to play. idk if it's different to you but I feel that there's a delay between the inputs so I get really bad scores playing from lazer.
speedifix
I'm much better at lazer (with and without classic mod), I don't understand why. and theoretically the latency is worse there
mxxetiec
Lazer is smoother, and i think there's no note locks. Maybe that's why it's easier for you. For me especially streams are easier. If they'll fix random lag spikes when searching song and sometimes on map it's perfect time to update osu standard!
Kaya05
If you're playing osu mania than there are some differences

1 it just looks different
And for me personally the falling tails (dunno what to call them) are to big and different.

Sb knows if there is a skin to make it look like stable?

2 you can't specifically make differences between 4k or 7 ect...
And I it isn't in the description, you won't be able to see the key number directly
,like in stable

And it feels different while playing, cause of the changes

Osu doesn't feel as different in osulazer than mania

But I can't judge that because I'm bad at normal osu
UltraBlack
Stable: runs on every potato
Lazer: lag, 1.6 farm maps, pp, triumph & regret 2.0, inverse ln mod, more pp. Something around that.
speedifix

mxxetiec wrote:

Lazer is smoother, and i think there's no note locks. Maybe that's why it's easier for you. For me especially streams are easier. If they'll fix random lag spikes when searching song and sometimes on map it's perfect time to update osu standard!
the only question is why it is easier with the classic mod where everything is the same
Stomiks

speedifix wrote:

mxxetiec wrote:

the only question is why it is easier with the classic mod where everything is the same
iirc they removed slider acc
Hold My Mind
different HP drain system
6V22P90
i mean, when I was on std osu!kept lagging since i use 64bit system but with lazer there's no lag at all
pizzaboy
its a newer version so I guess its supposed to be more compatible and easier to use for the bad computers I'm pretty sure its like a remastered version where they update everything into a better way so its more optimal