forum

[resolved] "Error moving file" + file disappears from folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KaikaHana
Problem Details:
So I downloaded a beatmap and tried to import it, but I always get an error message saying "error moving file" or something along those lines, and afterwards, the file disappears from where I saved it to. When I try to open my downloads in chrome, it says the file was removed even if I never deleted it. I haven't gotten to import any beatmaps into my osu successfully yet, so the only thing I still have is the tutorial. I was trying to look for similar problems, but the suggested solutions, such as deleting osu!.db or clicking F5 didn't work. And it really quite bothers me that the files just vanish... Could somebody please help me out with this? I'd highly appreciate it. :) Thanks~

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131106.2 (latest)
Marcin
Have you tried downloading beatmap, and moving file into songs folder under osu! folder?
Topic Starter
KaikaHana

Marcin wrote:

Have you tried downloading beatmap, and moving file into songs folder under osu! folder?
I save them directly in (computer -> disk C -> program files -> osu! -> songs) and they do show up after downloading, but once I try to open it and the error message shows up, the file magically disappears. :c
Marcin
Opening them moves them to song folder, just put that file there, and run osu! without double clicking it.
Topic Starter
KaikaHana

Marcin wrote:

Opening them moves them to song folder, just put that file there, and run osu! without double clicking it.
... oh i am /such/ a noob. .___. i apologize ahehe and thank you so much!!! :D
Marcin
So it works?
Topic Starter
KaikaHana
Yes, it does now... ^__^;; Thanks so much!
Kishikan
Helppp, I tried this and it worked, but when I click to play the map the game closes by itself.
hunniey
help. i am having this issue and im not able to fix it ):
NurikMalikov

KaikaHana wrote:

Problem Details:
So I downloaded a beatmap and tried to import it, but I always get an error message saying "error moving file" or something along those lines, and afterwards, the file disappears from where I saved it to. When I try to open my downloads in chrome, it says the file was removed even if I never deleted it. I haven't gotten to import any beatmaps into my osu successfully yet, so the only thing I still have is the tutorial. I was trying to look for similar problems, but the suggested solutions, such as deleting osu!.db or clicking F5 didn't work. And it really quite bothers me that the files just vanish... Could somebody please help me out with this? I'd highly appreciate it. :) Thanks~

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131106.2 (latest)
I am sure that a lot of players osu have seen this issue, alright I dont know how to fix it, but the way to solve is replace osz file to osu`s songs folder
pof8
I have this same error. In my case solution is simple. I create new folder and pase osu! all files.
After this I run osu repair!.After osu run error disappeared.I think changing the location of osu! fix the error.