forum

what grip do you use with the wacom ctl-472 tablet pen?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kurowa
ENG/ESP

few weeks ago i switched to wacom and his pen is thinner compared to the last one i had (Gaomon S620)

i'm getting used to it but there are times that it ends up hurting my thumb from the grip, it's not a long-term nuisance, but it does leave a red mark on it; besides, the surface of the pencil makes me sweat and it ends up slipping, and having to stop to regain grip.

any advice or accessory that can apply or put on the pencil to make it more comfortable?
Simon12
I used to use rubber bands, twisted tightly around where my grip rests on the pen. So it wouldn't slip.
I've heard some people also use toilet paper wrapped around their pen, to deal with sweat. Haven't tried it personally, because I don't sweat that much apparently, but you could give it a shot if you want.
Would also recommend buying a tablet glove, because that makes aiming a lot more comfortable, at least for me.
Topic Starter
kurowa

Simon12 wrote:

I used to use rubber bands, twisted tightly around where my grip rests on the pen. So it wouldn't slip.
I've heard some people also use toilet paper wrapped around their pen, to deal with sweat. Haven't tried it personally, because I don't sweat that much apparently, but you could give it a shot if you want.
Would also recommend buying a tablet glove, because that makes aiming a lot more comfortable, at least for me.

In fact, just tried toilet paper and it went well, didn't have to stop to change the grip, it's not very practical, but while wait for rubber bands or a tablet glove, i'll be fine. Thank you : )
XdreamawayX
My grip is the same grip I use while writing, the only difference is that my thumb stays high on the pen (for reference, it stays right below where “Wacom” is written on the pen) that is because I use full area and this grip feels really comfortable for me.

A common thing among the players is that the lower your area, the closer your grip is to the tip of the pen, and with a lower area some players tend to tighten the grip too much because the aim needs more control than usual due to how fast the cursor moves, but causes that annoying pain you're talking about.

A tip I can give you is to follow how your hand naturally holds the pen, that you can comfortable move the cursor around and especially aim corners with ease, you can adjust your area for that if you feel like it, and have a firm grip, not a tight grip.
My hands gets really sweaty too, so before I play I wash them properly and I keep a towel nearby to wipe my hands from time to time.

That worked really well for me, so I'm just spreading the word.
Rusty af

XdreamawayX wrote:

A common thing among the players is that the lower your area, the closer your grip is to the tip of the pen, and with a lower area some players tend to tighten the grip too much because the aim needs more control than usual due to how fast the cursor moves, but causes that annoying pain you're talking about.
i feel personally attacked
XdreamawayX

AlphaCent4260 wrote:

XdreamawayX wrote:

i feel personally attacked
skill issue grip issue tbh
Minalinskii
I use those thick paper towels they have in cinema restrooms. I sweat a lot so toilet paper would shrivel all up after a short while, like after 2 or 3 plays. With the paper towels I can get 2 days worth of playing from them. My hands sweat more than normal so you might get away with just using toilet paper or regular napkins. It's really helped me out since I would not be able to play any maps longer than 3 minutes since the pen would start slipping.