forum

[duplicate] Stat RESET!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +95
Topic Starter
fibao
Hi

I think it would be very helpful to have a Stat reset, where people reset their PP, SCORES, LEVEL, EVERYTHING except their NAME.

This will prevent people from getting good, making a new account to be 0000 and get really high scores with low playcount.

If you have a low accuracy, there is no other option than to make a new account, I've never done it, but I'm sure it happens daily!
Shohei Ohtani
How does a score reset solve the issue of people making a new account and getting high scores with low playcount?

I can go ahead and wipe my account and then get SSH on CtB songs and be incredibly high ranked.

Also, if people are multi-accounting to get high scores with low playcount, that's a bannable offense, and should be reported

If you have low accuracy, the way to improve it is to fix those low acc scores. If you're not skilled enough to fix the scores, practice more and then come back to it.
Enoz

sufbanaan wrote:

Hi

I think it would be very helpful to have a Stat reset, where people reset their PP, SCORES, LEVEL, EVERYTHING except their NAME.

This will prevent people from getting good, making a new account to be 0000 and get really high scores with low playcount.

If you have a low accuracy, there is no other option than to make a new account, I've never done it, but I'm sure it happens daily!
The only reason I see people doing this is for their Accuracy and PP (which is really the only thing you would want to reset this for). so Accuracy aside, a better question to answer first is will "bad" scores negatively affect your pp(v2)?
Topic Starter
fibao

CDFA wrote:

How does a score reset solve the issue of people making a new account and getting high scores with low playcount?

I can go ahead and wipe my account and then get SSH on CtB songs and be incredibly high ranked.

Also, if people are multi-accounting to get high scores with low playcount, that's a bannable offense, and should be reported

If you have low accuracy, the way to improve it is to fix those low acc scores. If you're not skilled enough to fix the scores, practice more and then come back to it.
Actually I know someone named X E N D O X, on his first day he made 3 accounts, his "alt" "reserve" "noob" accounts.

He is 12.
Shohei Ohtani

sufbanaan wrote:

CDFA wrote:

Actually I know someone named X E N D O X, on his first day he made 3 accounts, his "alt" "reserve" "noob" accounts.

He is 12.
So report him lol that's like legit not ok.
uzzi
Honestly this sort of takes away the fun of being able to fix your accuracy. It basically eliminates the challenge in a way. No support~
Koko Ban

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Honestly this sort of takes away the fun of being able to fix your accuracy. It basically eliminates the challenge in a way. No support~
fortunately the current PP system doesn't calculate PP and give higher points to high scores done with the least playcounts (favoring talent more than hard work, fuck up once and you're fucked for life). otherwise, i see the point of this.
Soaprman
It's been denied before.

t/85765

About the only argument in favor of this I can come up with is that if you're a new player, you don't know that playing Freedom Dive nofail for fun is going to leave a mark on your accuracy forever. When the day comes that you know that, it's too late to decide to go on an accuracy quest.

Or, it is if you rely on the site's definition of accuracy. You can go on your own definition, though; nobody's judging you but yourself. Why not just settle for "100% on everything but Freedom Dive" then? It's functionally identical to a "real" 100%, except for the part where you get to be a needle in a slightly different humongous pile of needles.
TouchFluffyTail

Soaprman wrote:

About the only argument in favor of this I can come up with is that if you're a new player, you don't know that playing Freedom Dive nofail for fun is going to leave a mark on your accuracy forever. When the day comes that you know that, it's too late to decide to go on an accuracy quest..
Actually accuracy only modifies from ranks that give you PP now. You'll lose accuracy on your little stat pane on page 2 of your ranking panel for doing that but all those stats are obsolete (which is why the accuracy number is different from what's on your player card) and not actually surfaced anywhere (other than ranked score).
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Soaprman wrote:

It's been denied before.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/85765

About the only argument in favor of this I can come up with is that if you're a new player, you don't know that playing Freedom Dive nofail for fun is going to leave a mark on your accuracy forever. When the day comes that you know that, it's too late to decide to go on an accuracy quest.

Or, it is if you rely on the site's definition of accuracy. You can go on your own definition, though; nobody's judging you but yourself. Why not just settle for "100% on everything but Freedom Dive" then? It's functionally identical to a "real" 100%, except for the part where you get to be a needle in a slightly different humongous pile of needles.
As far as I know, fdfd + NF won't mark your accuracy anymore, because it is only calculated over the scores you ranked high enough to get pp.