forum

The Keybind in 5k mode?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sagi Boi
Hello everyone, I have a question for the 5k players.

I recently began the 5k mode (for fun) and I'd like know what's the most optimized Keybind 'cause my current one hurts my right-thumb.

1. My 4k keybind: S/D/K/L
  2. My 5k keybind: S/D/Spacebar/K/L
If possible, I'd like have one with my 4 principal keys (S/D/K/L). I don't wanna loose my lvl in 4k mode.

(P.S: If my english looks weird, it cause, I don't practice enough^^)
McEndu
Try SDFJK or DFJKL
Topic Starter
Sagi Boi

McEndu wrote:

Try SDFJK or DFJKL
It's much better.
Thanks dude
MarioUniverseZ
my preference
< 4.5 stars: df space jk
> 4.5 stars: sdfjk
Topic Starter
Sagi Boi

MarioUniverseZ wrote:

my preference
< 4.5 stars: df space jk
> 4.5 stars: sdfjk
Your thumb don't hurt with the spacebar?? (I can't handle 2 stars beatmaps ^^')
+ It isn't disturbing to change keybind everytime?
MarioUniverseZ

Sagi Boi wrote:

Your thumb don't hurt with the spacebar??
I play 7k mainly, which requires a thumb to hit the 4th column, so it's totally fine to play 5k with my thumb

Sagi Boi wrote:

It isn't disturbing to change keybind everytime?
the amount of high-star 5k maps are few, so I usually play low-star ones, seldom change the keybind.
but changing the keybind is really annoying every single time when doing it though.
Haengsyo
You won't lose your muscle memory by playing higher key modes, so no need to worry. I don't think there are any 5k only players, since the people who play 5k are mostly people who already play 7k who want to have some fun. But I recommend your 4 default key binds + the spacebar.

For example, my 4k keybinds are [xc,.], and my 5k keybinds are [xc(space),.] You will need to get used to the spacebar if you haven't already(my thumb also hurt when I first started learning 7k, its unnatural and feels weird but you will break into it pretty quickly). But then might as well play 7k :)
Rikuka
dfjkl for me since basically easier pressing/spamming j rather than space