forum

Adding beats on lyrics rather than drums in parts of the song - good idea or not?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Data1223
Hello,

Today I started working on my first beatmap and I'm already a few hours into the mapping progress, and well, I kind of got an idea for how to map the second verse of the song, but I'm just unsure whether it'd work - the song I'm trying to map has rather fast lyrics and a very repetitive beat, so I believe the map won't really be dynamic if it ONLY followed the beat, I'm just unsure and to elude this, I thought about making the beat follow the fast lyrics instead resulting in a rather dense map with little mouse movement needed between each of the beats. Which would work out better in the end? Following the lyrics or the beat?

For reference, the song I'm mapping is STALKER Blues - Русская дорога, the part I have in mind starts at 1:13
Zelzatter Zero
If I have to map this I'd rather choose vocal, but still arrange the objects in a way that the background beat is also covered (e.g putting a jump with moderate spacing on the snare sound).
Topic Starter
Data1223

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

If I have to map this I'd rather choose vocal, but still arrange the objects in a way that the background beat is also covered (e.g putting a jump with moderate spacing on the snare sound).
So to confirm, I should attempt to arrange the beats in a way that both the beat AND the vocals are covered? Thanks for the reply by the way
Zelzatter Zero
it's just for me, btw. You can do it with your own take, but I think it should be enough for some basic idea.
Topic Starter
Data1223

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

it's just for me, btw. You can do it with your own take, but I think it should be enough for some basic idea.
I see, thanks a lot for the tip.