forum

Best linear switches for osu mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Expentor
Hi, new osu mania player here, so right now I am using a keyboard with tactile switches, and so far the feeling it's great, but I think it can improve, I have seen the most part of top players have a mechanical keyboard with linear switches and I'm pretty interested in building a custom mechanical keyboard by myself.

So please, suggest what is the best linear switches for osu mania or osu standard.
abraker
moved from general discussion
ArztVielfrass
I suggest buying those sample switches to determine your preferences. I personally use Speed Silver owing to the fact that it has the lowest travel before triggering (1.2mm[Trigger], 3.4mm[Bottom]). However resting your fingers on the keys is typically enough to trigger it.

I haven't tested if the force needed to press a key correlates to stamina. I'm assuming that the factors you need for a switch are the:
  1. Operating Force
  2. Travel Distance
I've used MX Cherry Speed Silver, MX Cherry Brown, Membrane, and a Mechmembrane, but I honestly can't tell if I'm playing better with my Silvers. It is possible that mechanical keyboards are insignificant for mania, at least for me.
Topic Starter
Expentor

ArztVielfrass wrote:

I suggest buying those sample switches to determine your preferences. I personally use Speed Silver owing to the fact that it has the lowest travel before triggering (1.2mm[Trigger], 3.4mm[Bottom]). However resting your fingers on the keys is typically enough to trigger it.

I haven't tested if the force needed to press a key correlates to stamina. I'm assuming that the factors you need for a switch are the:
  1. Operating Force
  2. Travel Distance
I've used MX Cherry Speed Silver, MX Cherry Brown, Membrane, and a Mechmembrane, but I honestly can't tell if I'm playing better with my Silvers. It is possible that mechanical keyboards are insignificant for mania, at least for me.
I will definitely take it in mind, thank you.
yetii
Just get cherry reds, can't really go wrong with those and they are widely available
timebombed
i dont agree that linear switches are amazingly overpowered compared to tactile switches, there are many top players who use tactile switches

if you are looking for good linear switches then cherry reds or gateron reds are the way to go
Topic Starter
Expentor

timebombed wrote:

i dont agree that linear switches are amazingly overpowered compared to tactile switches, there are many top players who use tactile switches

if you are looking for good linear switches then cherry reds or gateron reds are the way to go
Ye, I guess the only way to know which are the best for me is just trying out new switches, because these hyperx aqua tactile switches, get sometimes hard to press, and my wrists get tired too quickly :(, it’s a very uncomfortable feeling, I don’t think it’s carpal tunnel though.