forum

Playing osu! with Splashtop 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Espionage724
http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2

Splashtop 2 is a remote control program pretty much. The server software is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux, and the viewer available on iOS, Android, and Windows (along with some other platforms).

The software is free to use while your on the same network, but you'll need to pay ($2/month) to use it outside of the network (if your computer is in one town, and your at another location basically).

Here's some gameplay videos I made showing osu! being played with a Nexus 10 (same network over Gigabit Ethernet + 5GHz WiFi)

Performance is great (better than any other program I tried anyway). I have some random lag from time to time though (on the Bad Apple!! video, you'll notice it around 2:02) but aside from that, it's pretty usable. Input latency is very little.

Splashtop 2 works with any game that can be played in windowed (and borderless) mode (no fullscreen support). I wouldn't suggest it for something like FC'ing insane songs or playing Hardcore Diablo III on Inferno, but for casual playing, it's great :)