forum

Improve speed and stamina (stream maps)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Moqv
Firstly, im not a very high level player
I'll just give you some tips that really helped me recently, for stamina, speed, and globally a better accuracy in stream/burst maps.
This is specially for 5/6 digits players who are struggling with these previous skills.

The first point is do not learn to stream with deathstream maps, the famous "stream training various artist" things are not optimal if you want to learn. Even the low BPM ones imo. They are pretty nice once you have solid basics skills here. With some practices, and with the tips ill give you, you will be able to play these maps, and probably get 94%+ acc on 200BPM stream traning things. But starting here is like trying to learn advanced statistics without knowing what a probability is. It is possible but.. y

The best maps that i can recommend to you are burst maps. The objective with these maps is not to get an insane combo by spamming your kb and get C rank, but to train your global accuracy, your stamina, and counter-intuitively your speed. The first thing you have to focus on is your accuracy. This is clearly the most important part of this process. You have to focus on the rythm of the song. It sounds obvious, but it is the key for these maps imo.
Before running one of these maps, i recommend you to use this site : https://www.imusic-school.com/outils/metronome-en-ligne/, and simply listen a bit the rythm of the song you will play, by listening the 4-time BPM. It will condition your brain before the map, and you will feel more confortable. Thats a tip i used a lot when i was learning some instruments, and it works perfectly for me here too.
Here is a playlist of burst maps : https://www.mediafire.com/file/lle3juns2jkd2xz/Burst_maps.rar/file

For your global accuracy, you should also try some "reading" (or tech but not really) maps. They are not designed for stream and burst, but they help A LOT for the rythm and curious paterns.
reading maps : https://www.mediafire.com/file/ecuxwb223vuxdm2/reading_maps.rar/file

Do not forget to check your acc bar when you have time, it always gives important informations.

With some practices, you will firstly see that streaming maps < 190BPM are much much easier, especially with your accuracy.
That is in my opinion the best way to progress these skills, i can now play < 240BPM stream maps with good acc, which was impossible a month ago.

If you have other advices, tips, or if you think im wrong somewhere, do not hesitate to give a feedback to me, and to everyone.

I'm also looking for other tech/reading and burst maps btw c:
kiliandu31
thank you bro! awesome tips.
O-Saft-Killer
Thanks, i test your maps. ^^

Edit: Ok, i have test the reading maps, the most of them not really playable for me, its to hard. I suck on the most 3* Stars and 4* stars.

I try it later again, but I don't know if they'll help me, they just don't give me any fun to play.
Topic Starter
Moqv

OSaftKiller wrote:

Thanks, i test your maps. ^^

Edit: Ok, i have test the reading maps, the most of them not really playable for me, its to hard. I suck on the most 3* Stars and 4* stars.

I try it later again, but I don't know if they'll help me, they just don't give me any fun to play.
yeah dont worry, i agree with you, these maps are really hard and it feels painfull. There is no secret for tech/reading maps, i mean the only way to get better on them is to play them imo. But dont worry, its true that the reading maps i put in the file are really hard, i should put easier one too, that's my bad. What i can also recommend is to take 3/4* maps that you like and edit the AR between 7.5/8.5. It is easier with McOsu on steam.
But this skill is very "special" and not mandatory, dont worry if you cant pass the map i put in the reading file