forum

[resolved] My maps and skins are still in the folder but not in the game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nitsuj2005
Problem details:
I logged onto osu and I had to install an update or something like that. I ended up having to reinstall osu and when I logged in my skins and maps were gone. I deleted the new application and tried using the old application and still have the same problem. When I go into my osu folder I can see all my skins and maps but they don’t show up in the game. I tried copying one of the skins and pasting it into the skin folder but it still didn’t show up in the game.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20210520.2 (latest)
Death
You most likely have more than 1 osu! install on your PC based on your description. If you aren't already, click the "open osu! folder" button in the options menu to make sure you are looking at the correct folder.
Topic Starter
nitsuj2005
That helped, I had to copy all my skins and maps and paste them into the new folder and it worked. The only thing that wasn’t saved were my setting and my song groups but I can redo those. My ranks on the songs weren’t saved either, do you know how I can get those back?
Death
You can probably just run the osu!.exe file in the osu! folder that has all of your files in it. If you are using a shortcut, it may be pointing the wrong folder, so you'd just need to recreate the shortcut in that case.

If you are fully committed to transferring everything over though, there is a hidden "Data" folder inside your osu! folder that contains your local replays, copy that over (go to View > Hidden Items in your file explorer if you can't see it). Then also copy all of the .db and .cfg files over.
-aster
iirc, you can just backup the entire contents of your osu! folder and then with the new install, you can just overwrite the new install's osu! folder with the backup as all your settings, collections, records, and replays will carry over.
Topic Starter
nitsuj2005
-aster, how can I do that?
Death
If you want to continue copying things over, just do what I posted. You already copied over your skins and maps which is the bulk of your osu! folder, so it should be faster.

If you want to do what -aster wrote, you would need to copy the osu! folder itself and then paste it in the location where the new osu! folder is. You would basically end up re-copying all of your maps and skins, which isn't bad you've just already done it.
Topic Starter
nitsuj2005
The thing is I don’t know what exactly I need to be copying so I think just copying the whole folder would be easier because when I copy and paste something like a skin and put it into another folder where the same skin is, it asks to replace them or do nothing. So I can just copy the old folder and past it into the new folder and replace the things that need to be replaced and then everything should be fixed right?
Death
Yes
Topic Starter
nitsuj2005
Everything was fixed! Thank you so much for the help!
Coolpersoncool
I have the same problem but its not from a update I just got the skin and I cant see it even though its in my skins folder