forum

See the censor when you use filtered words in chat. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
tarticulate
I didn't know 'weed' was censored for about a week because of this. I also didn't know 'smoke' was censored. I sounded like an idiot.
I want to see what I am being censored to. An alternative to this is having two chat clients open at the same time, but my computer is ancient and can barely run osu! alone.
silmarilen
i thought about this before and i agree, if something you say gets censored you should see that aswell
theowest
ok what

why
MillhioreF

peppy wrote:

The filter acts in stealth to avoid backfire and user aggression. Other games which have a filter that is visible to the sender results in users regularly going out of their way to avoid it, as they know it exists.
p/1713796

I really don't see this ever happening.
theowest
I don't see how the word "smoke" should be filtered into "eat". Weed isn't very offensive either. This will mostly just cause confusion in my opinion.
Wishy
osu! filters are a joke but changing that is up to peppy so you can give up on this. You can't even use the word banned or cheater because peppy thinks cheaters are not the problem but people caring about them so yeah. Everyone is allowed to do anything they want problem is people caring XDDXDXXDXDXDDXDXDXDXD.

Not a problem of filters but problems of who makes the choices w/o giving a ****.
MillhioreF
Complaints about filtered words and complaints about who does the filtering aren't relevant to this thread's request. I don't agree with everything myself, but peppy's already shown his opinion by locking the last thread that discussed those, so don't get your hopes up.
Wishy
Maybe apply this stupid filters only to public channels?

Meaning PMs, MP chats and #spectator can be used to chat without getting stupid words everywhere.
Saten
Some filters like derp (filters to _) makes things look even more offensive
Like this:

Derp ur mum

_ ur mum
Balgon
i think its doubleplusgood to make certain words forbidden
Nevychan
That 1984 reference though. :)
Bara-
Please don't bump old marked threads