forum

[Regs. closed] Mania Beginner's Showdown Season 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Madeline

Hello & Welcome everyone to the second edition of the Mania Beginner's Showdown ! This is a tournament for 5 digits with two rank ranges : 10k-40k and 40k-100k

This tournament is intended for intermediate and beginner ranges. It means that you must be between rank 10k and rank 100k to participate.
If you're the appropriate rank upon registration but :
1. High Bracket: rank past 10k before the tournament begins, if you are still below 8k, you're considered eligible.
2. Low Bracket: rank past 40k after the tournament begins, if you are still below 30k, you're considered eligible.
3. Low Bracket: rank past 40k before the tournament begins, you will be moved to high bracket.
If you rank while the tournament is taking place, that cannot be stopped, but please refrain from doing so (ranking too far below those restrictions above will require disqualifications).

To register to this tournament, you just have to join the Discord Server and fill up the Registration Form

Don't forget that schedule depends on the number of entries and tournament screening done by osu! staff, any modification will be announced by the tournament host.

April 4th - April 26th 22:00 UTC : Signups

April 27th - May 3rd : Screening Phase

May 9th - May 10th : Qualifiers

May 16th - May 24th : Group Stage (if enough players)

May 30th - May 31st : Round of 32

June 6th - June 7th : Round of 16 + Loser's Round 1

June 13th - June 14th : Quarterfinals + Loser's Round 2 & 3

June 20th - June 21st : Semifinals + Loser's Round 4 & 5

June 27th - June 28th : Winner's Finals + Loser's Bracket Round 6 & Loser's Finals

July 4th - July 5th : Loser's Grand Finals + Winner's Grand Finals

There's a lot of ground to cover in the Rules section, so please bear with me as I cover the various sections. If you already know how a general tournament works, a refresher never hurts.

GENERAL RULES
1. This tournament is round robin (if enough players) to double-elimination and single-player. There are no teams here.
2. The Score System used will be Score V2.
3. This is a 4k tournament ONLY.
4. The mapset will be announced every Sunday, and the categories are as follows:
SV (Speed Variation or Slider Velocity), LN (Long Notes), Accuracy, Speed, Technical, Hybrid, TB (TieBreaker).
5. Match schedule is decided by the organizers. Players may feel free to ask for a reschedule if that doesn't work for them. Each stage of this tournament will last a week-end.
6. If there are no referee available, the match can be postponed.
7. If both players tie on a map, this map will be replayed. If they tie again (which is probably impossible in mania), map will be nullified, and the player who picked the map will be able to pick a new one.
8. If a player disconnects from the game, the opponent wins the round. The only exception is if the player disconnects during the first 30 seconds of the song, in which the round is restarted. Any deliberate abuse of this rule will be penalized.
9. You have 10 minutes to show up to your scheduled match. If the opponent doesn't show up, the player who was supposed to play automatically advances onwards. If both players dont show up, the player with the higher seed will advance.
10. We reserve the rights to disqualify any player who exhibits harmful behavior.
11. We reserve the right to refuse people that are in the rank range, but does'nt have the beginner / intermediate level.
12. Any other rules changes or unexpected occurrences will be announced in the thread.

STAGE REGULATIONS
1. There are eight stages to this tournament: Qualifiers, Group Stage, RO32, RO16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Finals and Grand Finals.
2. Matches are seeded. This will happen in the seeding round (Qualifiers). More information will be held in Seeding Regulations.
3. In order to win in Group Stage and RO32, it's a Best-Of-7. In RO16 & Quarterfinals, it's a Best-Of-9. In Semifinals, it's a Best-Of-11. In Finals and Grand Finals, it's a Best-Of-13.
4. During Group Stage, a group = 4 people. The top 2 player from each group will advance to RO32.
5. Warmups are not allowed during Qualifiers and Group Stage.

SEEDING REGULATIONS
1. During the seeding round, there will be multiple lobbies available at various hours. Players will be free to sign up to the lobbies they please.
2. This round is mainly used to weed out the no-shows.
3. A private lobby will be created for all the players, and they will be invited into their lobby when it's their time. Make certain you're online at this time.
4. There will be no warmup during this, but rather all the players will play through a shorter mappool.
5. Seeding will be made with the average rank of each player on each map. If there is any tie with the average rank, we will take total score.
6. Maps will be played twice in a row during the lobby. However, players can ask for a break of 5 minutes between each run.
7. Results will be announced on the Discord Server after the end of the week-end.

MATCH REGULATIONS
1. A private match will be created for your match, and both players will be invited into their match when it's their time. Make certain you're online at this time.
2. Each player is allowed one warm-up, but it must be below 4 minutes. (It doesnt mean that you only have to pick warmups of 3:59 d-_-b).
3. Here is how bans and picks will happen. The first person to ban will be the loser of the !roll, then they will alternate bans. (Loser -> Winner -> Loser -> Winner) And the first person to pick will be the winner of the !roll, then they will alternate picks. (Winner -> Loser -> Winner -> Loser, etc...)
4. A player can't ban a map from the same category twice.
5. In case of a tie, the tiebreaker is selected.
6. Results will be displayed on Challonge, and announced by the referee.

MAPPOOL REGULATIONS
1. There's a different pool in each stage of the tournament, becoming progressively harder.
2. As stated before, SV, LN, Acc, Speed, Tech, Hybrid, & TB are the seven categories that exist for this tournament.
3. Every maps are played with FreeMod. The only mods that are allowed are Hidden, Flashlight & Mirror.
4. As stated previously, the mappool is released every Sunday.

SCHEDULING REGULATIONS
1. Every stage is held during the week-ends to let players practice.
2. Matches are allowed to overlap if referees are available.
3. If you and your opponent can come up with a better time than what we have schedule for you, please inform us of this. We will change your match if informed before the Thursday before the week-end of matches.
4. You can answer to this thread with "camembert" if you have read the rules so far.

If there are any question, feel free to ask in the #questions channel on the Discord server, or post in the thread. But please read all the rules before asking anything obvious!

1st place: A profile badge (pending) + 4 months of osu!supporter tag + 30€
2nd place: 2 months of osu!supporter tag + 20€
3rd place: 1 month of osu!supporter tag + 10€

If you want to contribute to the cashprize, contact me (Madeline) or Mirthille on Discord. Any contribution is welcomed ♥

woahsia
I like many kinds of cheeses, mozarella, parmesan and camembert are my favorite
QEpicAce
KAMONKÄMKÄM
Raveille
Enjoy my last few qualifier maps :D
E-M-i
It depends. Taking the Mona Lisa as the most famous work of art everyone has seen at least once every person can see everything there is to it, but most people tend to analyze art different. Some might start from the bottom left, another from upper right and yet another from the middle, in the end as long as all 3 people really look at it they can see everything tho they might interpret it different. Also the drawing argument is kinda wrong. SVs are solely about memorization and rhythm. If you want to see patterns just look at it without the SVs in the editor, play and learn it without the SVs, then try to do the same but with SVs. I have reliable sources that this actually works and no none of these sources are random search results but tips how to learn SVs from actually good mania player
Zephyte
mbs boomer now, after season 1 was already a year ago
cakeboss05
HIII MOMMMM!!!!!!!!!
Syako
Hell yea ^^
Sapphere
camembert :3

I think I've actually tried camembert before. They sold it at Costco or something... anyways. I look forward to participating in the tournament!
Capu
i already won
Tre
CAMEMBERT!
JumpingFox
Ok now who blacklisted me and why answer me now or else :pistol:
Tre

JumpingFox wrote:

Youre too good LMAO
Topic Starter
Madeline

JumpingFox wrote:

As you already know, you're not blacklisted anymore. GL HF \o/
-ReGita-
i'm newbie
StartAndSelect
Ripe, fragrant soft cheese of French origin
Mestro
I've only tried camembert a small amount of times but it was good those few times
Anthrox69
Camembert
BadPlayer100
Good Luck
s4kur4s0u
let's goooo!!
show more