forum

[o!m4k] 4 Digit MWC 2! 1k-10k [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Logan636

Hello, and welcome to the 2nd official 4 Digit osu!mania 4k World Cup! Just like its predecessor, this team tournament played in the osu!mania 4k style is designed to give a genuine MWC experience to a wide range of developing tournament enthusiasts! This tournament will closely follow alongside the structure and ruleset of the official MWCs, while catering to a much different audience! This forum contains all you need to know about how 4DM2 will work and run. Happy readings!

Hosts: Logan636, Sinaeb
Map Selectors: [Crz]Crysarlene, HowToPlayLN, Logan636, RuleBlazing, zero2snow
Map Selection Showcasers & Testers: [Crz]Crystalize, [GS]Myuka, DaZeRo5, Unholy,
Referees: [GS]Myuka, Camopoltergeist, -[DaNieL_TH]-, Icerite, ill onion, Logan636, Mestro, nonamegohst, Sinaeb, Silhoueska Elze, TLQ_Yoshii, TNKSTC, Unholy, Yangga
Streamers: -Lethal-, Camopoltergeist, Eryyy, Mestro, NightNarumi, Sinaeb, TLQ_Yoshii
Commentators: [Crz]Crysarlene, [GS]Antunder, Beat43210, cheewee10, Cryolien, droptable, Halo-, furret osu, Logan636, NutAndGo, Silhoueska Elze, Unholy, WhiteWeebWolf
Generous Donators: Antalf, NightNarumi

If you are interested in applying to be a referee, streamer or commentator, either post what you would like to do in the #staff-signups channel of the official discord and I will message you, or you can directly message me on discord at Logan636#0636! We are always looking for new staff members, and no former experience is required!

Here are the current planned dates for the tournament! These are subject to change and a host will notify players via discord if it does.
Registration Phase: January 1st-January 25th
Screening Phase: January 25th-February 2nd
Team Captains Selected/Announced: February 3rd
Teams Selected/Announced: February 8th
Qualifier Stage: February 15th-16th
Group Stage: February 22nd-23rd
Round of 16: February 29th-March 1st
Quarterfinals: March 7th-8th
Semifinals: March 14th-15th
Finals Week 1: March 21st-22nd
Finals Week 2: March 28th-29th

In order to be eligible to participate in this tournament:
  1. You must be within the global osu!mania rank range of 1,000-9,999 both when you submit your registration form and until teams are selected/announced.
  2. You must have not violated the osu! community rules in the past 12 months.

To register for this tournament:
1. Complete the Registration Form
2. Join the official Discord Server for 4DM2

Registration Form
Discord server

Please complete both of these steps, as failing to complete both steps may result in your registration not being counted.

After you have registered and join the discord, you will be pinged in the #registration-processing channel of the discord. This will either be to inform you that your registration has been accepted, and that your "Signee" role was given, or that you are not within the rank range for this tournament or that I cannot find your osu! Profile. If you do not receive this ping more than 72 hours after registering, then please contact or ping Logan636#0636 in the discord, as this means your registration could have been missed.

As you will read in the "Prizes" section below, 4DM2 plans to award the players on the winning team with a unique Profile Badge. In order to make this happen, this tournament must meet the requirement of sending osu! staff a list of every player who signs up for this tournament in order for them to be screened for past or current violations of the osu! community rules. If you would like to read more about the screening process and profile badges, you can here. If in this screening, osu! staff finds that you have violated the osu! community rules in the past 12 months, then we sadly will have to deny you as eligible to participate in 4DM2. All players found in violation after the screening will be given time to appeal their stance, and if osu! staff changes their mind on a player's eligibility and notifies a host of this, then they will still be eligible for participation in 4DM2!

Just like the official osu!mania World Cups, this will be a country based team tournament.
  1. The country whose team you will play for is determined by the country whose flag is represented on your osu! profile.
  2. At the end of the registration and screening phases, a team captain will be picked by the hosts from each country's signup list based on a number of aspects relating to tournament competency.
  3. This team captain will pick the members to play alongside them on their country's team.
  4. Teams will consist of a minimum of 3 members, and a maximum of 6 members per team.

After teams are selected, the first weekend of tournament play will be the Qualifier Stage in order to cut down to a pre-decided number of teams to advance into the following stage, as well as to determine teams’ seeding. There will be a total of four different qualifier maps, each meant to test a different skillset found in map pools throughout the tournament. Each of these maps will be made by the map selectors and not released until approximately one week before the Qualifier Stage takes place in order to provide no advantage through familiarity.

For the Qualifier Stage, each team will play these four maps in a scheduled lobby. Teams will present 3 players to play each map (switching which 3 play between maps is allowed), and will play each of the four qualifier maps up to two times in the lobby. Whichever team score was the highest per stage will be recorded. (Ex: If a team scores 975000, 975000, 980000 on one go and then 980000, 985000, 970000 on the next go, the 2nd go will be the one recorded because the total team score was higher on the second go.)

Teams will be ranked on their qualifier performances based on their “score rating”, meaning essentially how well they rank on each qualifier stage compared to every other team. The amount of teams who will advance from qualifiers into the following stage is determined by this logic:
  1. If 32 or a greater number of teams enter, the 32 best-performing teams will advance into a Group Stage consisting of 8 groups of 4 differently seeded players.
  2. If between 24 and 31 teams enter, the 24 best-performing teams will advance into a Group Stage consisting of 8 groups of 3 differently seeded players.
  3. If between 20 and 23 teams enter, the 20 best-performing teams will advance into a Group Stage consisting of 4 groups of 5 differently seeded players.
  4. If fewer than 20 teams enter, the number of teams that will advance is the highest power of 2 that is fewer than the number of entering teams (For example, if 19 teams enter, then 16 teams will advance. If 15 teams enter, then 8 teams will advance.) In this case, Group Stage will not occur and players will advance directly into the bracket stages.

The results of the Qualifier Stage will also be used to determine the “seed” of each team. However, this concept will be explained in the Group Stage category below, as seeding is very pertinent in how the Group Stage works.

Based on the results of the Qualifier Stage, teams will be given a qualifier rank based off of their “score rating”, essentially meaning how well each team ranks on each qualifier stage compared to every other team. Teams, based off of this aforementioned rank, will be given a “seed”, meaning be classified into a certain ranking range with other teams around their qualifier rank in an attempt to generalize each teams’ overall comparative skill level with their “seed”. As the exact number of entering teams cannot be known yet, there are several possibilities for the ranking ranges used in determining each seed, so all possibilities will be listed below.

If 32 teams remain after qualifiers, there will be 4 different seeds, and seeding will be decided as such:
  1. Top Seed: Qualifier Rank #1-8
  2. High Seed: Qualifier Rank #9-16
  3. Low Seed: Qualifier Rank #17-24
  4. Bottom Seed: Qualifier Rank #25-32

If 24 teams remain after qualifiers, there will be 3 different seeds, and seeding will be decided as such:
  1. High Seed: Qualifier Rank #1-8
  2. Mid Seed: Qualifier Rank #9-16
  3. Low Seed: Qualifier Rank #17-24

If 20 teams remain after qualifiers, there will be 5 different seeds, and seeding will be decided as such:
  1. Top Seed: Qualifier Rank #1-4
  2. High Seed: Qualifier Rank #5-8
  3. Mid Seed: Qualifier Rank #9-12
  4. Low Seed: Qualifier Rank #13-16
  5. Bottom Seed: Qualifier Rank #17-20

In Group Stage, there will be multiple “groups” formed from a single player of each seed (The number of different groups will be the number of remaining teams after qualifiers divided by the number of different existing seeds). Teams will be scheduled to face every other member of their group in a Best-of-7 match (first to 4 points wins) on a map pool containing 9 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map. This map pool will be released approximately one week before Group Stage matches are played. The two (four if the 4-group, 5-seed version of group stage is played) highest-ranking teams of each group will advance.
Rankings of each group are determined by sorting the results of each team's performance in the following priority:
  1. Most matches won.
  2. Have higher {(the number of beatmaps won) - (the number of beatmaps defeated)}.
  3. Most beatmaps won.
  4. Winner of the match played previously between the tied teams.

In the event of a triple tie:
  1. Have higher ∑{(total score difference) / (maximum score)}.
  2. Winner of the rematch.

After the Group Stage, the remaining teams will be placed into a double-elimination bracket. The number of points needed to win each match as well as the size of the map pool used for the match will vary depending on stage. Map pools will be released approximately one week prior to their respective stages.

Round of 16: Best-of-9, first to 5 points wins. Map pool containing 11 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map.
Quarterfinals: Best-of-9, first to 5 points wins. Map pool containing 11 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map.
Semifinals: Best-of-11, first to 6 points wins. Map pool containing 13 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map.
Finals Week 1: Best-of-11, first to 6 points wins. Map pool containing 13 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map.
Finals Week 2: Best-of-13, first to 7 points wins. Map pool containing 15 freemod maps and 1 tiebreaker map.

1. Team captains will be invited to their match lobby by a referee no less than 5 minutes before the match is scheduled to commence. In the time before the match, team captains will invite and gather their teams into the lobby.
  2. When both team members have 3 members present in the lobby, the match will commence by each team selecting a warmup map to play. This map must be an osu!mania 4k map and be less than 5 minutes long.
  3. After warmups, both team captains will !roll in the lobby chat. The captain with the lower of the two rolls will choose a map in the freemod pool to ban from play, then the captain with the higher roll will choose a map in the freemod pool to ban from play, as well as their first pick to play from the freemod pool.
  4. After each map concludes, the team with the highest team score on the map will be awarded one point.
  5. Picks will alternate between team captains until a winner is decided by being the first to get the required amount of points to win that round.
  6. If both teams tie at match point, the tiebreaker map will be played, the team who wins the tiebreaker map will win the game.

1. Matches will be played with the TeamVS mode on Score v2
  2. The Red Team will occupy slots 1-3, and the Blue Team will occupy slots 4-6
  3. Allowed mods in the freemod pool are Hidden, FadeIn, Flashlight, and Mirror. The tiebreaker map is also played under freemod conditions.
  4. If a player disconnects during a match, their score is counted as a failed score. However, if this disconnect happens before 30 seconds of the map is played, the referee can decide to let the teams rematch.
  5. If a team cannot gather 3 members into the match lobby by 10 minutes after the match’s scheduled start time, the opposing team will be declared a win by default. If neither team can gather 3 members into the match lobby by 10 minutes after the match’s scheduled start time, the team with the higher seed out of qualifiers will be declared a win by default.
  6. For any additional rules left out of this forum, please refer to the official rules of the latest 4k osu!mania world cup here as these rules will be what 4DM2 will attempt to closely follow. As well, feel free to ask a host about any questions you have regarding rules or the tournament in general!

1st Place: 6 months of osu!supporter per team member + unique Profile Badge (pending)

2nd Place: 4 months of osu!supporter per team member

3rd Place: 2 month of osu!supporter per team member

4th-8th Place: 1 month of osu!supporter per team member

I cannot give enough thanks or shoutouts to Antalf for making all 4th-8th Place prizes possible! Please give a huge thank you to him because I really cannot pay him back for volunteering this generously!

Challonge | Master Sheet | Twitch | Youtube

The links to the Registration Form and Discord Server invite are above in the "Registration" section.

4 Digit MWC 1 Forum Post
AbsurdDive
My eyes are saying "YES! SIGN UP NOW YOU B[scratch]"

But my hands/brain say "nononononononononononononono please, don't. We forgot how to do this"
blizzo
Like all of us, bro. Like all of us.
AbsurdDive

blizzo wrote:

Like all of us, bro. Like all of us.

YOLO, going for a 2nd run won't hurt I guess

(I've played the 1st one with...varied results lmao)
rurigamerpe777
I will participate on Team Peru owo
LeMarcinho
I have only one thing to say:

VAI BRASIL
VorticalEx
Just watching! I promise.
Silicosis
participating as a filipino
3lijah
oh no.... I missed it.... I thought I had one more day to pass 10k rank so I could compete....

Next time, I guess. Probably would have lost anyway lol
OmegaPhantasmX
I forgot to register lmao one of the U.K. players wish I played instead of them