forum

how to get into LN dense songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slowpoke1135
i dont know exactly my LN skill but its roughly 1.5 stars to 2.5 stars and i wanna get into LN dense songs. fyi i can do 3.8 star songs
Wimpy Cursed
I started with hybrid maps to practice, then went on to full LN training maps (it was painful), then I simply found maps that included a lot of LN to get around different patterns. I forgot how much time it took, but eventually dense LN became doable.
UltraBlack
Long notes only get dense on real high star rating (if we are not talking about full ln), if you want to get better at low ones just play then casually and you should see some improve overtime.
Topic Starter
Slowpoke1135
ok thanks guys, all i can really take from this is try to play easier songs with LN until i improve but regardless thanks for replying. ill try play 2 star LN songs (or whatever is LN enough for me)
SwagBoyOnOsu
I'm in the same process of practicing dense LN maps, where there really isn't much empty space. Anything I say is on my recent experiences and may not be the best way.
So IMO the best way to start is with the full LN map pack(this one: beatmapsets/368373/#mania/819051) which basically has you holding down the keys for the entirety of the song. This was just so I can get used to holding down notes (you'd be surprised by how much your fingers can burn at first) and pressing immediately after holds. I haven't been on it for a while but I know I'm able to do lvl 1s and 2s on it.
From there, I try to find maps which the mapper is not afraid of using Long Notes. Now my main issue with the interpretation of the question is that I think you mean songs where LN is dominant with very little actual notes when most maps of such tend to use an even combination of both and happening at the same time, LN Hybrid.
If you feel that accessibility to LN Patterns for you is limited (I'm not quite sure of LN-Dense maps in the 2* range), do not be afraid or ashamed to use Half-Time. It's really useful.
Stickman92
I mostly focused on getting comfortable with LN maps, so improving my acc, finger independence and pushing my comfort zone on LN maps. Started with easier LN maps and build it up from there.

So keep doing what ya doing.
Quick tip: Save all the LN maps you play into a collection. That way it's easier to find LN songs you wanna replay in the future
Topic Starter
Slowpoke1135

SwagBoyOnOsu wrote:

(this one: beatmapsets/368373/#mania/819051)
i cant do the first fucking song WHY CAN I NOT DO THE FIRST SONG CURSE YOU FNF

each edit is new pb

edit: max combo: 38
perfect: 411
great: 228
ok: 38
meh: 17
miss: 156

I AM SO GOATED I AM SUCH A LN PROFESNAL

edit: 81% ONG IM SO so poop
Dex uwu
When i Start on LN maps i play this maps

-https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/368373#mania/819066 (This to get fingers control)

And this for get more consistency
-https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/995153#mania/2081709
-https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/994961#mania/2100381
-https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/995143#mania/2082387

I hope u can get better :)
SwagBoyOnOsu
Seeing the above message, I'll add my own two cents on maps with LN I practice. It's mostly hybrid, but hybird LN is fun.

beatmapsets/1566347#mania/3198320 - Rainy Boots
beatmapsets/2180882#mania/4607059 - Oxygen Destroyer [specifically last 2 difficulties, though the third last seems to have a good amount of LN]
beatmapsets/2010466#mania/4183288 - DEATHDOOR (Instrumental Version) [specifically last 2 difficulties again, though I see a decent amount of LN in the previous diffs]
beatmapsets/2042525#mania/4262160 - remembrance; image of him before departure
beatmapsets/1796612#mania/3682794 - Formless Canvas [specifically last 2 diffs]
beatmapsets/1235533#mania/2568385 - Alone intelligence [specifically last diff]
beatmapsets/1972310#mania/4092550 - Aresene's Bazaar [specifically last 2 diffs]
beatmapsets/2006856#mania/4551324 - Tiny Bunny
beatmapsets/1992352#mania/4139916 - Lyrith -Meikyuu Lyrith- [specifically the last diff]
beatmapsets/464358#mania/994291 - Rockhill

Again, if any of them are too hard, no fear or shame in using half-time. Especially considering that you may need to get past some jack and stream patterns before and after the LN parts for the hybrid ones.