forum

I can't do stream over 30 notes~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nahoki
Problem details:( first sorry for my english, i'm pretty bad at, if you don't understand something let me know )
So like the title say, i basically can't stream over 30 notes. i play the game since the beginning of 2023 so 1 year and a half~ , and i still can't play stream, so the thing is that when i play the game and there is a stream i start the stream and when i reach too much notes (aroud 25~) i miss A LOT of notes.
I feel like my finger is unrythmique as hell, i've tried a bunch of different maps that have streams with different BPM and different spacing also a different number of notes in the same streams like death streams map with differente BPM, and the result is that i can't streams.
At least that's what i think and what i feel, i've always been a jump player 1 trick at the past and only play streams pretty casually if i really like the song/map.
I tried to find the reason of why i cannot do long streams like is it bcs i contract my finger too much ? is it bcs my tapping style is shit? is it bcs my position isn't good ? is it my flow aim ? maybe it's bcs i'm WAYYY to inconsistent?..
So i tried too relax my finger / change my tapping style / try different bpm but no result.

I really feel like my finger just can't do that, like they just are not alternating correctly and with the concistancy that it should.

I forgot to say it before but i use a Wooting keyboard 60 HE with the same settings than mrekk, i use my index finger and my middle finger on the G and H keycaps, and i pretty much learn the "stream skill" with this keyboard, i tried to unable the rapid trigger and tried to play like that obviously but that doesn't solved the problem.

I precise that i can burst and do short stream with not too bad acc at almost every BPM around 0 to 200 ( without rappid trigger) and maybe go to 280 BPM short stream with rappid trigger but not crazy acc ( i play way more trash without the rappid trigger )

If someone can help me or think he can, i take any advice. If you need more details or don't understand something let me know.

hope you have a good rest of your day :)

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240826.2
tsunyoku
I think it's important to focus on practicing maps that are purely long streams to figure out a technique that works for you to gain stamina. Learning to stream is also not an overnight thing, you've not been playing for very long in the grand scheme of things so I think more practice is what you need. You may find it helpful to practice on some long stream practice maps such as beatmapsets/72474#osu/207692. Start at a low bpm and practice until you feel like you have stamina comfortably and achieve good accuracy (set yourself some goal, such as 95%) and then build up to higher BPMs. There's no magic solution for anything in this game really, all I can suggest is practice and good habits!
Topic Starter
Nahoki

tsunyoku wrote:

I think it's important to focus on practicing maps that are purely long streams to figure out a technique that works for you to gain stamina. Learning to stream is also not an overnight thing, you've not been playing for very long in the grand scheme of things so I think more practice is what you need. You may find it helpful to practice on some long stream practice maps such as beatmapsets/72474#osu/207692. Start at a low bpm and practice until you feel like you have stamina comfortably and achieve good accuracy (set yourself some goal, such as 95%) and then build up to higher BPMs. There's no magic solution for anything in this game really, all I can suggest is practice and good habits!
Thanks for your response, i will try what your telling me, and keep playing i guess !