forum

[osu!stable] Accuracy drop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Holoshindayo
Problem details:
After submitting some plays that had higher accuracy than the previous ones, I got some pp but my overall accuracy dropped... Why? It made my overall accuracy drop from 92% to 88.9%

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
tsunyoku
Overall accuracy is a weighted average of the accuracy of your top plays. You may have improved the accuracy on the individual scores, but if you are moving a low accuracy play above higher accuracy ones in your top plays then they're going to be weighted higher and result in a decrease of your overall accuracy - the higher placed the play is in your top plays, the more the accuracy will be relevant to your overall accuracy.
Topic Starter
Holoshindayo

tsunyoku wrote:

Overall accuracy is a weighted average of the accuracy of your top plays. You may have improved the accuracy on the individual scores, but if you are moving a low accuracy play above higher accuracy ones in your top plays then they're going to be weighted higher and result in a decrease of your overall accuracy - the higher placed the play is in your top plays, the more the accuracy will be relevant to your overall accuracy.
I see. I noticed this like 3 weeks ago when I made a play with higher accuracy and pp on one of my top plays. But the game literally just said something like +10 pp -0.30% accuracy