forum

Opinion in In-Game Form

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_mp1506
I've been away for near 4 years, which actually late 2018-2020 is a dark year for me because.. You know, pp farming disorder so I lost so much physicality. Came back in April and I got my new favorite keybind, but my hand just can't stay put and register in the muscle memory.

I would appreciate if you could tell me about your experiences of being a stable player to boost my confidence regarding the cause.

TANK in advance.

*yeah so I thought I been bad for like 6 years and I can't get my hand's brain back into the game lewl*

I have to add that this regards stability in game, which I get neat stability, then suddenly it spills all over, then stable again, repeat, resulting 150-160 UR normal.
mayoneeze
Granted I'm probably one of the least accurate or stabile osu!taiko players I feel like removing the UR bar has helped me a little with that. Or at least I'm not looking where I shouldn't while playing, maybe it might help you.

Your hand can't register in the muscle memory without actually playing the game either but with your play count you probably knew that already. Having neat stability at one point and then spilling it is pretty common to me too, many times in one game even. To the point I focus more on just not having that many ok's than the UR, I consider it more important personally since the game scores don't put that much focus to the UR.
Topic Starter
_mp1506

mayoneeze wrote:

Granted I'm probably one of the least accurate or stabile osu!taiko players I feel like removing the UR bar has helped me a little with that. Or at least I'm not looking where I shouldn't while playing, maybe it might help you.

Your hand can't register in the muscle memory without actually playing the game either but with your play count you probably knew that already. Having neat stability at one point and then spilling it is pretty common to me too, many times in one game even. To the point I focus more on just not having that many ok's than the UR, I consider it more important personally since the game scores don't put that much focus to the UR.
Removing UR bar could a nice idea, worth to try for the while. I believe UR is an important indicator, for scores and pp acc is better of course. Still, UR is a more general indicator of stability.

Thanks for the input, it could work better when I'm more focused.
Mayomi
Disclaimer that I'm not a particularly accurate/stable player either but for me, I had the best results improving my UR when I just dedicated entire days / weeks to playing slightly easier & slower maps and focusing on my technique, not even touching hard maps during that time. I've gone through several "phases" of doing that by now, and the first few days were always the worst -- I'd be rushing things constantly and my hands would randomly disobey me on incredibly simple patterns, but that slowly went away as I kept practicing

For form/technique: I tried to really pay attention to what my hands were doing, see exactly where I was rushing and consciously slow down, be aware of when I started tensing and consciously relax, etc. I'm still struggling with this on speed and stream maps and i'm trying to minimize my movement as much as possible because I noticed how much I subconsciously bounce my hands at the ends of bursts + I make a lot of unnecessary movement during streams but yeah that's a work in progress

I guess I kinda just kept pushing myself to reach better UR (a.k.a bashing my head against the wall) until I eventually started getting it. And then I'd raise the bar a bit more and repeat. I've gotten super frustrated at myself over my average UR before so I've been there, it sucks :/

I've never tried removing the UR bar. Personally I made mine bigger so it's easier to glance at, but turning it off might be worth trying if you find it distracting. I know I've definitely missed from looking at the UR bar at the wrong time lol
Topic Starter
_mp1506

Mayomi wrote:

Disclaimer that I'm not a particularly accurate/stable player either but for me, I had the best results improving my UR when I just dedicated entire days / weeks to playing slightly easier & slower maps and focusing on my technique, not even touching hard maps during that time. I've gone through several "phases" of doing that by now, and the first few days were always the worst -- I'd be rushing things constantly and my hands would randomly disobey me on incredibly simple patterns, but that slowly went away as I kept practicing

For form/technique: I tried to really pay attention to what my hands were doing, see exactly where I was rushing and consciously slow down, be aware of when I started tensing and consciously relax, etc. I'm still struggling with this on speed and stream maps and i'm trying to minimize my movement as much as possible because I noticed how much I subconsciously bounce my hands at the ends of bursts + I make a lot of unnecessary movement during streams but yeah that's a work in progress

I guess I kinda just kept pushing myself to reach better UR (a.k.a bashing my head against the wall) until I eventually started getting it. And then I'd raise the bar a bit more and repeat. I've gotten super frustrated at myself over my average UR before so I've been there, it sucks :/

I've never tried removing the UR bar. Personally I made mine bigger so it's easier to glance at, but turning it off might be worth trying if you find it distracting. I know I've definitely missed from looking at the UR bar at the wrong time lol
I definitely get what you're saying about missing for looking at the bar lul. OK so removing UR bar, tried, helped a bit.

About your suggestion above, actually I'm trying to do quite the same ATM. Especially with the easier map part. But... Resisting the temptation of playing 260+ BPM is kinda hard lul.

Thanks for the suggestion, this definitely gave me confirmation. Thus, boosted my confidence.

Good luck with high BPM maps, they're fun to do.

Thanks
Mayomi
yeah I feel you lol, spamming hard maps is really fun and working on acc can be painful sometimes ;w; It gets better the more you do it tho. Good luck to you too!