forum

[Archived] lag spike at the beginning of the map (the first note)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chazzo
Problem details: at the beginning of the map (the first note) my game experiences a brief stutter that is similar to a game freeze, i have tired in many ways to fix this even going as far as to deleting all maps and reinstalling osu but to no avail. it happens across all 4 gamemodes however is most severe in taiko and less severe in standard, i started having this issue around a month ago, if anyone has experienced something similar to this or has a fix please let me know

Video or screenshot showing the problem: i have a video if it needs to be provided however it is in 30fps and hard to notice, just imagine the game freezing for half a second just before the first note causing me to 100 or miss

osu! version: Stable 20220424 (latest)
Blushing
Is your universal offset set to 0 in the settings?
Topic Starter
Chazzo

Blushing wrote:

Is your universal offset set to 0 in the settings?
yes.
Totallynugget
same problem here, i really hate it
yumeechuu
i have the same problem, however it only happens in the first 1 or 2 maps i play in a session
Topic Starter
Chazzo
yeah i seem to find alot of people to have the same kind of thing where they only have it on the first few maps but it stays on most maps for me, although there is some maps where it doesnt happen, no idea why though
MathWizrd
This is the only thread I have found that is experiencing what I am, just a small hang right before a map starts, causing a mismatch in sound and visuals. The only (temporary) fix I have found is to change renderer to another renderer once the bug/delay occurs. Other than this I have tried lots from changing the way I plug my peripherals into my pc to restarting once the bug occurs (neither of these worked). HOWEVER I have found that this bug (as of my current knowledge) only happens in Lazer. I tried playing in stable for about 10 maps, and did not experience it, where in lazer I exprienced it after only 3.
- Marco -

MathWizrd wrote:

This is the only thread I have found that is experiencing what I am, just a small hang right before a map starts, causing a mismatch in sound and visuals. The only (temporary) fix I have found is to change renderer to another renderer once the bug/delay occurs. Other than this I have tried lots from changing the way I plug my peripherals into my pc to restarting once the bug occurs (neither of these worked). HOWEVER I have found that this bug (as of my current knowledge) only happens in Lazer. I tried playing in stable for about 10 maps, and did not experience it, where in lazer I exprienced it after only 3.
Is it https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues/22488 ?
Erro_r
nope its happening in classic osu as well for me its every map that the first note starts right when the map starts, if theres a pause after the map starts it doesnt happen https://youtu.be/Mh5I9iAKH-U