forum

[Archived] All my collections got deleted

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Guffaw
Problem details:
When I opened osu! today I was logged out, I logged myself in and all my collections were gone and also for some reason osu! had to calculate the star ratings on all my maps.

Is there any way I can retrieve my collections?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://i.imgur.com/9fdQmaU.png

My osu! folder. I noticed that my "collection" file is completely empty when I open it. I also have that weird "osu!.db.638454562418223004" file, there may be something wrong with that.

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
I AM VERY SMART
maybe you should let the game finish calculating the star ratings and restart just after, or first press F5 to see if it fixes anything. if it doesn't work, try to move the osu!.db file (not the one with the numbers) out of the folder and restart the game once again.

reinstall the game if no solution has been found.
Topic Starter
Guffaw

Anaxii wrote:

maybe you should let the game finish calculating the star ratings and restart just after, or first press F5 to see if it fixes anything. if it doesn't work, try to move the osu!.db file (not the one with the numbers) out of the folder and restart the game once again.

I did all of this and the collections are still gone. Thank you for trying to help me.

reinstall the game if no solution has been found.
Why should I reinstall the game? Wouldn't I lose all my local data then?
I AM VERY SMART

Guffaw wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

I did all of this and the collections are still gone. Thank you for trying to help me.
just to be sure, did you also try to repair your game? because it might fix the issue directly. just hold shift while opening the game and click on "repair osu!" to start the process.

also, i just checked again just to be sure and there's no point of reinstalling osu! in this situation, so forget what i just said.
Topic Starter
Guffaw

Anaxii wrote:

Guffaw wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

just to be sure, did you also try to repair your game? because it might fix the issue directly. just hold shift while opening the game and click on "repair osu!" to start the process.

also, i just checked again just to be sure and there's no point of reinstalling osu! in this situation, so forget what i just said.
I tried it, it didn't work.
I AM VERY SMART
what about deleting the empty collection file and renaming that "osu!.db.638454562418223004" file as collection.db? since i'm pretty sure your collections aren't gone if that weird file appeared.

also, in the future, i would suggest you to regularly make backups of your collection.db and osu!.db files in order to avoid finding yourself in this kind of situation.
Topic Starter
Guffaw
If I try that I get a warning message that I could corrupt the file if I proceed, should still try it?
I will make sure to make back ups in the Future.

edit: I just noticed a lot but not all of my local scores are gone?? and some of my replay files don't work anymore, I just get the error message "This score has no replay data saved" when trying to watch them.

Anaxii wrote:

what about deleting the empty collection file and renaming that "osu!.db.638454562418223004" file as collection.db? since i'm pretty sure your collections aren't gone if that weird file appeared.

also, in the future, i would suggest you to regularly make backups of your collection.db and osu!.db files in order to avoid finding yourself in this kind of situation.
[/quote]

If I try that I get a warning message that I could corrupt the file if I proceed, should still try it?
I AM VERY SMART

Guffaw wrote:

give it a try, otherwise I don't really have a solution to offer you.
Topic Starter
Guffaw

Anaxii wrote:

Guffaw wrote:

I just noticed a lot but not all of my local scores are gone?? and some of my replay files don't work anymore, I just get the error message "This score has no replay data saved" when trying to watch them.

That file is probably the reason for that, do you have anything to add? Otherwise I'm gonna do it.
I AM VERY SMART

Guffaw wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Guffaw wrote:

I just noticed a lot but not all of my local scores are gone?? and some of my replay files don't work anymore, I just get the error message "This score has no replay data saved" when trying to watch them.

That file is probably the reason for that, do you have anything to add? Otherwise I'm gonna do it.
well, I could say make sure you backup everything you have to avoid unpleasant surprises, which means that if it doesn't work, you put everything back the way it was.
Topic Starter
Guffaw
Sadly it didn't work, the file changed to "collection.db.638457052172832801.bak".

Thanks again for the help.