forum

Mania Skin Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nemo1209
The skin im using right now is really good to me, but it uses the default mania skins which is unplayable. I discovered a skin which has good mania skin and I want to put it in the skin im using right now. But somehow I copyed the images and edited the .ini file, it only changes the style of the notes, but the keys are still default. May I know how can I fix this?

This is my .ini file right now:
//Mania skin config
ColumnLineWidth: 0.7
ColumnStart: 136
BarlineWidth: 1.2
HitPosition: 402
SpecialStyle: 0
SpecialPositionLeft: 1
UpsideDown: 0
JudgementLine: 1
ScorePosition: 325
ComboPosition: 111
FontCombo: score
LightFramePerSecond: 24
ColumnWidth: 30,30,30,30
ColumnLine: 1,1,1,1,1
//Colours
//images
//Keys
KeyImage0: mania-key1
KeyImage0D: mania-key1D
KeyImage1: mania-key1
KeyImage1D: mania-key1D
KeyImage2: mania-key2
KeyImage2D: mania-key2D
KeyImage3: mania-keyS
KeyImage3D: mania-keySD
JustABeginner
Hi nemo1209!
May I know how do you copy the images? Do you copy all the mania-keys in your own folder?
Have you check the KeyImage command - the filename is it match with the name of the key images you copied?

If possible, may I take a look at the skin folder you last changed them? There could be many possible reasons why this can happen.
Topic Starter
nemo1209

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi nemo1209!
May I know how do you copy the images? Do you copy all the mania-keys in your own folder?
Have you check the KeyImage command - the filename is it match with the name of the key images you copied?

If possible, may I take a look at the skin folder you last changed them? There could be many possible reasons why this can happen.
Hello!
I copied the images just by ctrl+c and ctrl+v and I basically copied all the mania elements to my skin folder.
I've also double checked the file name in the .ini file matches the file name of the images.
JustABeginner

nemo1209 wrote:

Hello!
I copied the images just by ctrl+c and ctrl+v and I basically copied all the mania elements to my skin folder.
I've also double checked the file name in the .ini file matches the file name of the images.
Hmm... Try deleting all the KeyImage commands in your skin.ini, perhaps that's what made it conflict with the mania keys.

Are your mania-notes using the correct images/assests?
Topic Starter
nemo1209
I've deleted all the KeyImage commands in my .ini file, but it still doesn't work
And I suppose my notes are using the correct images since they did implement into the skin, but not the keys.
JustABeginner
In that case, may I take a look at your skin folder? You may upload through MediaFire or Google Drive.

I do think it could be the name of the mania-keys are wrongly typed or other files that conflicts with it.
Topic Starter
nemo1209
Sure do you want the screenshot of it? Or you want all the files to be uploaded to google drive?
JustABeginner
Would be better to upload the skins in Google Drive. Thanks.
That way I can check the problem clearly.
Topic Starter
nemo1209
JustABeginner
Obtained the skin file.
I get it now. Do you mean that why your mania "layout" is the same as the default configuration? I checked the mania-keys and they aren't default as in the normal white and pink keys.

Judging from your skin.ini you sent above, it looks like it gives you the default settings.
I've already adjust the skin.ini so you only need to replace those and add these instead:
[Mania]
Keys: 4
ColumnStart: 245
HitPosition: 402
SpecialStyle: 0
SpecialPositionLeft: 1
UpsideDown: 0
JudgementLine: 1
ScorePosition: 325
ComboPosition: 111
FontCombo: score
LightFramePerSecond: 24
ColumnWidth: 70,70,70,70
ColumnLineWidth: 0,0,0,0,0
Topic Starter
nemo1209
Ah I see. Yea when I say notes I meant the layout. Apolgizes for the confusion. (Should probably learn more English)

Anyways, it works now! Thank you so much for the help! Really apperaciated it.