forum

Some questions about dans - Need info please

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shurayomi
Hello everyone, i wanted to ask some questions about Dans in osu!mania.

So a Dan is a compilation of 4 songs mapped with different playstyles right? It's usually Jack, Tech, Speed and Stamina if i'm not mistaken..

Now the questions:

Where do i download the official Dans? I tried looking for them on the "beatmaps" section but i can't find the official ones
(with "official Dan" i mean, Alpha Dan, Delta Dan ect.)

What's the exact order of them?

What are Dan courses? Is it something else, or just another way to say Dan?

What's your opinion on Dans? I read that a lot of people hate them? But isn't it a way to test your level of skills?
UltraBlack
Dan courses = the group of dans you are playing (ex: regular dan courses)
I'm gonna suppose you are a regular 4k player so you can download the maps and dans here
Dan ~ REFORM ~ Conglomeration - Google Sites https://g.co/kgs/xq9EP8d

The ln dans are in the web. Just in case you need the 7k ones are loved

Dans are pretty much enjoyable, in reallity they are just maps that have a division on patterns more clear. Obviously they are meant to be like a test or a goal so they can help you stay motivated, people don't like dans cuz skill issue some times they are not really "balanced" so like, the 10th dan has a specific part that is easier than the same part in the 9th dan. I believe that some people think that they make the game less enjoyable but honestly, if you like dans you like dans, it is the same thing like going for parties, if you like to go to parties and it makes you happy it doesn't mean i'll like it and that if i don't go to them i'll be less happy, people have different tastes (not sure if that is the word) and that is the thing that people in the rhythm game scene can't understand.

I forgot to say but the order for dans are usually 1-10 and then the greek alphabet in order (for 4k) so it goes like alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon and zeta.
BlueChinchompa

shurayomi wrote:

What's your opinion on Dans? I read that a lot of people hate them? But isn't it a way to test your level of skills?
I think they can be fun, but they are taken way to seriously and it can make you enjoy the game less. I don't think they a great way to determine someone's skill level.