forum

[Archived] osu! fullscreen problems (some other problems too)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
itsgonnabemessy
When osu! is in fullscreen it goes down to (my estimation because it says 60fps but there is no way its 60fps) 1 fps with 30+ms and has long stutters, and my other monitor goes black and flickers when I move my mouse. I tried turning compatibility mode on but that just didn't let me open osu! any more and said "OpenGL ES Error, Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver". I looked for fixes on that but the only one that showed up was to change the fullscreen in the config to 0 and it doesn't do anything. The fix for me on getting rid of the error was to change the CompatibilityContext value to 0 but I still couldn't fix my main problem. The only thing that I could think of that may have caused this is something with my driver update last night. I was downloading the latest GeForce drivers and I opened CS:GO when it was almost done, and when it finished my monitor became dimmer and everything was frozen except my cursor and the alt tab menu. It tabbed out of CS and a window said a restart was required for the drivers. I couldn't click restart now because nothing worked so I held my power button down. When my computer came back on my main monitor wouldn't work and everything was on my second monitor. After a few seconds my mouse completely froze and my computer stopped making noise. I held the power button down again and I was able to get past the lock screen. I opened GeForce Experience and the same thing happened. I held the button down again and got past my lockscreen. I clicked the windows button and clicked restart instead of shut down and once it restarted everything seemed fine. I don't think I played osu! after all that happened so I don't know if that's the problem because I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them but osu is still having the same problems

Any one with any possible fixes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnHvaIvqO0&feature=youtu.be

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
WeebHero
Have you tried osu!repair in the osu folder?
Have you tried uninstalling osu?

It is most likely a GPU related problem.

You can go to event viewer (type it in the windows search) and from there click on Windows Logs. There you can find detailed information of the error related to the problem.
Topic Starter
itsgonnabemessy

WeebHero wrote:

Have you tried osu!repair in the osu folder?
Have you tried uninstalling osu?
No