forum

Need Help Improving UR and Accuracy - Looking for Tips!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vaelora
So I've been playing for about 2 months daily, and while I feel like I've improved a lot when it comes to what difficulty I can play. Went from 2-3 to 3-4* maps in the last month.

However it seems that I can't improve my acc on a lot of scores I set a month ago on lower * maps, which kinda frustrates me. I hoped it would naturally improve by playing more difficult maps.
If I replay a map where I used to have a B I often now easily get a A-S rank but when it comes to maps I already had 94-95+ acc I barely improved.

My main issue seems to be that my ur is always terrible I never have a balanced 'accuracy error', but I dont really know how to specifically work on this. A lot of these maps feel really easy to play and I will mostly fc but my ur is always off.
The last 3 maps I played for reference:

Any tips on trying to improve this specifically. Should I go back to focusing on lower diffs for now till I get a more balanced ur?
It just seems so difficult for me to improve this. On maps where you miss a lot it is easy to improve, I just have to get used to the patterns and come back later.
But maps where it feels I can play/read the patterns almost perfectly and can get 99+ acc I still have unbalanced error rate and while I know I am tapping too early, it feels impossible to consciously fix my tapping speed if that makes any sense.
Nanofranne
It's quite normal for going anything higher acc than 95% to be harder. You're challenging your mastery over the map.

Find the balance between playing stuff you can barely A, aka improvement zone and playing stuff you are aspiring to get 97,98,99 or even SS, aka mastery zone. When you're getting more and more comfortable playing harder stuff, It'll carry over to easier star range in the form of consistency

Figure out of why you're hitting out of place too. Look at replay at compare to other if possible. See what's wrong and think something that might rectify your problem there
Indomi-chan
It's good to push yourself to the map that you can barely get A on to actually getting A (90%+), then 93%, then 95%

Nanofranne wrote:

It's quite normal for going anything higher acc than 95% to be harder. You're challenging your mastery over the map.

Find the balance between playing stuff you can barely A, aka improvement zone and playing stuff you are aspiring to get 97,98,99 or even SS, aka mastery zone. When you're getting more and more comfortable playing harder stuff, It'll carry over to easier star range in the form of consistency

Figure out of why you're hitting out of place too. Look at replay at compare to other if possible. See what's wrong and think something that might rectify your problem there
99 to SSing has sub-milestones in my perspective due to how challenging they are, from 99.5, to 99.9, then 1x200, and finally SSing.

also don't forget to pay attention to MAXes (rainbow 300s) and 300s, they create what is called "ratio". Ratio 3-5:1 is good to actually make progress in a certain map.

I'm sorry if my explanation isn't clear, and I'm trying my best to make it clear for you.
Topic Starter
vaelora

Indomi-chan wrote:

99 to SSing has sub-milestones in my perspective due to how challenging they are, from 99.5, to 99.9, then 1x200, and finally SSing.

also don't forget to pay attention to MAXes (rainbow 300s) and 300s, they create what is called "ratio". Ratio 3-5:1 is good to actually make progress in a certain map.
Ye makes sense, atm I count 99-100 as one progress group. maybe it's a good idea to split it up.
The main thing I'm a bit worrying about is that no matter what map on average I always tap too early. Even on my easy SS plays I'll still have like -11 - 6 ms as accuracy error. Not sure how to fix this.
Nanofranne
Omg. I was half asleep and didn't noticed it was mania forum. Thank god my advise isn't anything too weird.
midgy

vaelora wrote:

maps where it feels I can play/read the patterns almost perfectly and can get 99+ acc I still have unbalanced error rate and while I know I am tapping too early, it feels impossible to consciously fix my tapping speed if that makes any sense.
your ur isn't terrible at all 163 on a 99% is quite normal for 4k tbh it's really good for the level you're playing at, on the the other ones i wouldn't worry about it, ur tends to only be a good measure of stuff you can actually FC cause otherwise reading impacts it more than just your accuracy

vaelora wrote:

Any tips on trying to improve this specifically. Should I go back to focusing on lower diffs for now till I get a more balanced ur?
balance is the key, playing easy stuff does help with accuracy cause you have to focus on it a lot more but you have to get better at the game so that you can just focus on that part without worrying about holding combo or anything else
Topic Starter
vaelora

midgy wrote:

your ur isn't terrible at all 163 on a 99% is quite normal for 4k tbh it's really good for the level you're playing at, on the the other ones i wouldn't worry about it, ur tends to only be a good measure of stuff you can actually FC cause otherwise reading impacts it more than just your accuracy
They are all 7k :p. I mainly play 7k cause it feels like improving 7k automatically also improves my 4-6k but not the other way around. I'm also trying 8-9k but using my pinky still feels really awkward.

And thanks for the insights, it's good to know that it isn't anything abnormal. I'll just keep focusing on improving my score and worry less about the ur.
Indomi-chan

vaelora wrote:

Indomi-chan wrote:

Ye makes sense, atm I count 99-100 as one progress group. maybe it's a good idea to split it up.
The main thing I'm a bit worrying about is that no matter what map on average I always tap too early. Even on my easy SS plays I'll still have like -11 - 6 ms as accuracy error. Not sure how to fix this.
use local offset while holding alt while pressing + or - to adjust local offset by 1ms, if it's not your issue then it might be your keyboard
Topic Starter
vaelora

Indomi-chan wrote:

use local offset while holding alt while pressing + or - to adjust local offset by 1ms, if it's not your issue then it might be your keyboard
Thanks for the suggestions!
I never though that my keyboard might be the issue. But after disabling 'rapid trigger' on my kb my accuracy error seems to have gotten a lot more balanced unless I suddenly went on a lucky streak.
Indomi-chan

vaelora wrote:

Indomi-chan wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions!
I never though that my keyboard might be the issue. But after disabling 'rapid trigger' on my kb my accuracy error seems to have gotten a lot more balanced unless I suddenly went on a lucky streak.
what keyboard do you have then? Wooting UwU? or SayoDevice O3C? or anything else?

i meant ur keyboard is an issue is that polling rates matter tho
__scripting

Nanofranne wrote:

Omg. I was half asleep and didn't noticed it was mania forum. Thank god my advise isn't anything too weird.
lol. it already happened to me :|
Topic Starter
vaelora

Indomi-chan wrote:

what keyboard do you have then? Wooting UwU? or SayoDevice O3C? or anything else?

i meant ur keyboard is an issue is that polling rates matter tho
I have a SteelSeries Apex Pro.
Dunno if it might be some placebo effect or sudden improvement, but I'm still convinced changing the settings helped me a lot. It at least didn't negatively impact it :p
Hoshimegu Mio
Just have fun while playing things really. I still have a really bad UR but as long as I can enjoy the game, it doesn't really matter all that much.

For UR improvment though, I've heard from MIkuaimbot that playing LN-focused maps with ScoreV2 helps.
pofnkul
Getting used to all the different patterns is probably more important than your UR as of now.