forum

I know mapping is subjective, but why can't everyone at least come to a consensus on SOMETHING?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gsun
I mean, this is just confusing to amateur mappers such as myself who just want to understand at least the bare-bones basics of how to put circles and sliders in the editor. Like really, I'm just going to pull a Laymoo here and tell y'all I'm sick of people always bitching (yeah, I swore now because I am this pissed off) with each other about why X slider had better flow than Y slider or something silly like that. Dude, if mapping was so vague and abstract like you all make it sound like, how can people even teach it?

And just because art and writing are subjective, like mapping is, doesn't mean that people can't concretely explain at least the BASICS of how it works. Like, I can explain the general concept of flow really simply: that it's just a technique where movement from one object to another feels, smooth, comfortable and natural to the hand. I can explain that I need periods at the end of every sentence to end them, and I can explain that perspective drawing uses angles for 3d visuals. So it's really stupid, to be blunt, that mapping can't possibly be explained in a concrete way in the slightest.
lewski
but there are consensuses on a bunch of things and mapping concepts can be explained in a concrete way
Topic Starter
Gsun
okay.
AnimeStyle
At the end of the day osu is an art form - and like all of them - subjective af.
Yeah general concepts and buzzwords can be explained but whether smth is "good" highly depends on who you are asking.
I do love my ellaborate af hitsounds, but I'm 100% sure that there are people who find them distracting in regards of focusing on the map.