forum

shifted from laptop keeb to a mechanical one with outemu red switch. the accuracy has gotten worse.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XAFLX5
recently i shifted from a laptop keeboard (1.5mm) to a mechanical keeboard (outemu red 4mm). The accuracy has gotten way worse. Idk if its the switches or im not used to the new keyboard. used to get 99%s on few maps and now im getting 93%-95% on those same maps. How long do i need to play on the new keyboard cuz im starting to feel real bad that i even bought this keyboard. And it makes alot of sound when compared to my laptop keyboard, so i need to mod it or sumthin?
SKC56
ah yes, my exact experience with my first linear switches.

short answer is, you're not used to it yet.

Long answer, linears are a good way to increase speed, as you can half tap with very little movements. On the other hand, tactile switches are good/better for accuracy. Me as a rookie mania player does benefit a lot by using linears. You can increase your accuracy by... getting used to keyboard switches (in this case outemu reds) that doesn't really have any feedback (other than bottoming out). Try typing a lot or play lower star maps to get the feel of the keyboard.
UltraBlack
Probally what the onde above said otherwise you would have to understand why it is worse. Pressing early or later, faster or slower etc
Topic Starter
XAFLX5

SKC56 wrote:

Long answer, linears are a good way to increase speed, as you can half tap with very little movements. On the other hand, tactile switches are good/better for accuracy. Me as a rookie mania player does benefit a lot by using linears. You can increase your accuracy by... getting used to keyboard switches (in this case outemu reds) that doesn't really have any feedback (other than bottoming out). Try typing a lot or play lower star maps to get the feel of the keyboard.
Ah so basically I have to use to keyboard more and get used to it

Thanks for advice :)
I'll see if it gets better after using for about 3 or 4 months or I'm switching back to flat low travel distance keyboard💀