forum

[resolved] Unable to download maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Magirhythm
Problem details:

I am encountering an issue where osu! maps are not downloading. From osu!direct, they get stuck on "initializing". And from the website, I get a timeout error after waiting for a bit.

Thankfully, upon switching to my phone's hotspot, I was able to download maps again, so I have an alternative. But I can't understand why it won't let me download from my primary connection which has never had an issue till now.

I'm worried that osu! updates may not download now from my primary connection if I'm having an issue with downloading maps from in-game and on the website. I'm able to download things outside of osu! maps perfectly fine.

I've tried restarting my pc and inputting osu! as an allowed program through the firewall. Nothing from my settings looks as if it blocks downloads from osu!.

I'm just at a loss here. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance ^^

Screenshot of the timeout error:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Blushing
Can you try switching to cuttingedge to see if that helps fix anything, and if it doesnt can you post your network.log?

Are you forced to use the beatmap mirrors?
Topic Starter
Magirhythm

Blushing wrote:

Can you try switching to cuttingedge to see if that helps fix anything, and if it doesnt can you post your network.log?

Are you forced to use the beatmap mirrors?
This worked! Surprisingly easy fix

Not only did switching to cutting edge allow me to download beatmaps... I tried switching back to stable and it allowed me download beatmaps again.
Both from osu!direct and the website!

Thank you so much for your help! Hopefully this issue doesn't come back